Author Topic: No push back  (Read 3152 times)

skimmer

No push back
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:01 am »
I first thought I should have edited the gate space for 757 but there was no warning indicating the space was to small so I dont know why I did not get the push back I requested from the GSX options window. All I got was -Have a good trip. This is at gate 15, at Fly Tampa s BUF airport. Also I did get all the other GSX services at this gate. Something I did?

Thank you :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No push back
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:38 am »
I first thought I should have edited the gate space for 757 but there was no warning indicating the space was to small so I dont know why I did not get the push back I requested from the GSX options window.

A too small parking radius doesn't have any effect on the Pushback but, instead, would prevent *ANY* service at the parking to appear.

Instead, as explained both on the manual and as discussed plenty of times on the forum too, the availability of a Pushback is controlled by the Pushback preference in the scenery AFCAD, and on 3rd party scenery sometimes there are many parkings set to "None", which disable the Pushback, since GSX can't possibly known if the designer set it to "None" for a reason (no Pushback possible because of space or other constraints) or it was simply an oversight, because a popular used editor (ADE) set it to "None" by default and doesn't make it very easy to change it.

Which is why, GSX has an option in the scenery customization dialog to override the Pushback preference setting found in the AFCAD.

skimmer

Re: No push back
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:02:10 pm »
Thank you very much Vituali . I have read the manual twice. I will read it again. ;)