Author Topic: GSX Doesn't Seemed to Have Installed Properly SOLVED  (Read 5682 times)

sugdenh

GSX Doesn't Seemed to Have Installed Properly SOLVED
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »
I downloaded and installed both the addon manager and gsx but a fatal error occured every time I opened fsx. I fixed this with fspuic but gsx hasn't appeared yet. All the files seem to be in the fsx folder but when I open fsx, it doesn't ask me to run the program/accept conditions by windows or fsx. I did notice that when it was installing it said that some files weren't installed- there was a python zip file left in the couatl folder if that helps. Any advice?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:30:18 pm by sugdenh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Doesn't Seemed to Have Installed Properly
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »
I downloaded and installed both the addon manager and gsx

No need to download both. GSX installer comes with the Addon Manager.

but a fatal error occured every time I opened fsx.

This didn't had anything to do with GSX.

I fixed this with fspuic

Because you fixed it this way (it was probably the g3d.dll crash, not related to GSX)

I did notice that when it was installing it said that some files weren't installed

You should precisely indicate what the message said. However, the most likely cause, is that you ran the installer when FSX was still running, so the installer couldn't complete.

Try to reinstall GSX using its full installer, after a Windows reboot.

If you note installation messages again, report clearly and precisely what they say.

sugdenh

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »
Well sorry for trying to provide background info for my problem. Wht did you want me to do?- post each sentence in a different category. I have already reinstalled it several times and I installed it with fsx closed. Although there are no errors I can see, gsx/addon manager hasn't shown up in fsx. Do i need to open anything in the fsdreamteam folder before I can use gsx?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:43 pm »
If you don't have the Addon Manager or the Couatl menus in FSX, it means that either the Addon Manager or Couatl ( or BOTH, if both menus are missing ) are not running for some reason. The most common cause for this is the antivirus wrongly blocking one of them (or both), because it mistakenly detected them (or one of them) as threats.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:43:26 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:35:52 pm »
GSX isn't a program that is going to open up on your screen.  Start FSX at a parking spot (or the active runway) and press Control-F12, if you see a menu window, then GSX is properly installed.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sugdenh

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 02:06:53 pm »
- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case)

Does this mean use the addon manager installation or the GSX installation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 10:17:58 pm »
Does this mean use the addon manager installation or the GSX installation?

Isn't my latest reply already answered to your question ?

(using the full installer in this case)

If you uninstall GSX, this will remove it from your system so, if you reinstall, you must use the full installer, removing GSX and reinstalling the Addon Manager surely won't restore the whole GSX you removed in the first step...

sugdenh

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »
No need to be cocky. I was just asking because in you first reply you said
I downloaded and installed both the addon manager and gsx

No need to download both. GSX installer comes with the Addon Manager.

Then you say 'using the full installer in this case' and to me this isn't clear whether I should download and use the gsx_fsx_setup or the addon manager for fsx setup.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 10:41:08 pm »
Then you say 'using the full installer in this case' and to me this isn't clear whether I should download and use the gsx_fsx_setup or the addon manager for fsx setup.

You are quoting my 2nd reply here, but I haven't said only that in my original message, I've said:

Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case)

GSX is the subject of the sentence here, not the Addon Manger so, if I say to install it using the full installer, this can only be related to the GSX full installer.