Author Topic: Strange problems after installing GSX  (Read 10767 times)

mc-leod

Strange problems after installing GSX
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:43 am »
First my system and settings:
Win 7 64 bit, running as Admin. FSX SP2, FS2Crew for PMDG NGX, Aktive Sky 2012 and FSUIPC as registered version.

Hardware is Saitek Pro Flightyoke System with 2 Throttles, Rudder and Radio Panel.  VR Insight CDU II and CPFlight 737 MCP with EFIS Panel.

Buttom one on the Flightyoke is used for push to talk when flying online and some Buttoms on the Throttle are used for Parkingbrakes, Taxi and Landinglights and open the AES Menue. Engine Throttle are used in full back position for reverse throst. (F2) So I Flying online since a long time on IVAO Network without any problems.

Last days I've bought GSX and installed it. AddOn Manager and Couatl is in my drop down menue. GSX is market as installed and activated. I've disabled my antivirus before installing and exclude the bglmanx.dll and the couatl.exe from the virus check also disabled all keysettings for the IvAp Client like I've read before. Than I've startet FSX for the first time after GSX installation and got any problems.

When I will start now the IVAO connection from the FSX menue I get the following error message:

"Failed to start the IvAp Network Interface. Please start the Network Interface manually".

So I start the Network connection manually and it works. But now any of my buttom settings at the Flightyoke and Throttle doesn't works like before. For example I can't use the  Parkbrake with the buttom, reverse throst doesn't work, push to talk buttom also does not what he should do. Any other buttoms still works like before how Taxi and landinglights.
When I use my keyboard for action it works all. I tried to install FSUIPC and simmconnect new without any change. Have deinstalled and reinstaled GSX and nothing. Again deinstalled GSX and realised, can't still start the IvAp from the FSX menue so I reading back a backup for my FSX partition and my boot partition. After that I can start the IvAp from FSX menue and all thinks are working fine like ever. Then I installed GSX again and the same problems like before. Nor IvAp connect either buttoms working. Also I realised there are no people who load the baggage into my Aircraft because there is no rampcar for make that possible. Other cars are there but also for my B738 came two very small Catering cars they couldn't reach the doors at all. Pushback is working but verx courious. Pushbacktrack was under my Aircraft!

I don't know what to do, maybe anybody can help.

Best regards

Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange problems after installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »
There's nothing in your report that could possibly be caused by GSX installation.

Yes, IVAP program uses the same key as GSX, which means you should either change the hotkey in GSX or in IVAP, otherwise one of them will not work, since no two addons can use the same hotkey.

But after doing this, nothing in GSX could have created this issue and, of course, nobody else reported it so, fact that IVAP stopped working, was probably just a coincidence, not related in any way to GSX.

And besides, GSX is an EXTERNAL program, running entirely under the Couatl.exe program that, being an .EXE program couldn't possibly created a problem to another addon inside FSX, because there's no way an external .exe could access the whole FSX memory area.

Also, GSX doesn't use, doesn't require, doesn't interact and it's not affected by FSUIPC.

Also I realised there are no people who load the baggage into my Aircraft because there is no rampcar for make that possible.

This should have been fixed in the very latest updated, that you'll get automatically when you install GSX, since is self-updating online while installing. However, it could have been also fixed before the update, if you corrected the door's heights in the Aircraft Editor.

Pushback is working but verx courious. Pushbacktrack was under my Aircraft!

This doesn't happen and hasn't been reported by anyone. And, in any case, when reporting such problems, ALWAYS include ALL the following informations:

- The airplane used.

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify which airport is.

- The Gate selected

- The GSX operation selected. In case of Pushback, indicates which direction you chose.

mc-leod

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:55:40 pm »
Hello Umberto,
thanks for your quick answere and yes ofcourse I've thought that you write all my problems could not be by GSX installation but all things worked before without any problems. I've reinstalled GSX 2 times and it running in the same way of problems. Before GSX IvAp can be startet from FSX menue after that it doesn't go. I've googled before I wrote and found no one who has the same problems but I don't know where to surch but on GSX because all workes fine before. So I do have no suggestion what's going wrong on my system.

About the hotkeys. I've delate anyone of IvAp before installing GSX and the GSX menue can be opened with CTRL F12 like it should be.
My used Aircraft was PMDG NGX 738 on LGIR Airport Scenery by Aerosoft at Gate 12. Actually I dont need a pushback on this position but don't find a possibility to ending the GSX working without push.

Nevertheless thank you, I think I will deinstall GSX when I can't solve this problems and I will see what I do then.

Best regards

Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 02:34:48 pm »
About the hotkeys. I've delate anyone of IvAp before installing GSX and the GSX menue can be opened with CTRL F12 like it should be.

As I've said, in order to have GSX and Ivap working together, you HAVE to change the hotkey assignment in either program. You can choose to change it in Ivap OR in GSX, but they can't use the same key, otherwise one of the two will not work.

So, try to change the hotkey in GSX to something else (like CTRL+Shift+F12, for example), then reinstall Ivap.

mc-leod

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 09:23:42 am »
Hello Umberto,

sorry for my bad englisch but I've tried in my first postings to explane that I have entirely disabled all hotkeys for IvAp and the GSX menue works fine that is not my problem. My problem is that when I installe GSX my possibility to connect the IVAO network from FSX dropdown menue is broken. That's what I mean and this is runing in any other strange problems. So I tried to install GSX 2 times and each time the same, no possibility to connect from the menue. I think that GSX create this issue because I've nothing done else than installed GSX and my FSX does working before. Also I can't fix it when I deinstall GSX, the connection possibilty stays broken so I have to read back an update of my FSX partition and of my boot partition that FSX works like before. So what happens when GSX was installed that's my question, I can't explane it then I never have such a strange behavior before. Now I've deinstalled GSX to get my flightsim running well and let leave GSX on my  CD.

I'm not happy about this because I like GSX very much.

Best regards

Axel
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:33:25 am by mc-leod »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 09:39:38 am »
I can only repeat and confirm, it's not possible that GSX could affect the network connection for another program and, fact that it keep not working, even when you uninstall GSX, indicates the problem is not GSX but something else in your FSX installation.

And of course, since nobody else reported this before, and everybody that has GSX+Ivap use them together without any problems (once they set them on two different hotkeys, of course), further confirm this.

mc-leod

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 11:29:42 am »
Hello Umberto,
I've just trying last days to solve my problem with GSX and IvAp and so I've downloaded the AddOn Manager as standalone application. So I have installed it (not GSX but AddOn Manager) and it seams the Manager cause this problems on my system not GSX. After installation all the things I've discribed above appears without GSX was installed. I have to say, this is my first FSDT or Cloud9 application no otherone is installed so the AddOn Manager whasn't installed before on my system. Did you have any idea what it could be?

Best regards Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 05:22:24 pm »
So I have installed it (not GSX but AddOn Manager) and it seams the Manager cause this problems on my system not GSX. After installation all the things I've discribed above appears without GSX was installed.

The Addon Manager is not the problem because, since many users use IVAP + GSX, and GSX doesn't work without the Addon Manager installed, it's sure that the Addon Manager is not the problem. And, the Addon Manager couldn't possibly affect your network connection.

The problem, instead, might be caused by loading order of modules, the FS Copilot program, for example, is known to cause problems depending if it's loaded before or after other modules.

You can try rearranging the loading order of modules in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML file, by moving an entire <LaunchAddon> section ( a section is the text between the opening/closing tags <LaunchAddon>...</LaunchAddon> ) and try different orders to see if the problem goes away.

mc-leod

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
Hi Umberto,

this sounds interresting and I will try it next days if I have time.

Thanks very much for help and I will giveyou a responce later.

Best regards

Axel

mc-leod

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,

so last time I've tried a lttle bit to get the AddOn Maneger running and changed the loading order of modules but it running in the same problem. Courious too is, I have to read back an backup of partition C: after deinstalling the AddOn Manager to get the IvAp Client runnig from the FSX dropdown menue. I don't know what to doo to get the Software running on my system.

Best regards Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 10:48:05 pm »
I'm not sure to fully understand you. However, if you use the Ivap client, you HAVE to change the key assignment either in GSX or in Ivap, because by default the use the same Hotkey, so they'll conflict with each other.

mc-leod

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »
Hi Umberto,

sorry but I've described several times above that I have full disabled hot keys for IvAp and the menue for GSX works very fine. The issue is that I could'n start the IvAp Client no more from the FSX flyout menue and some key settings they are used with FSUIPC with my hardware doesn't work anymore when I've installed the AddOnmanager.

Sorry for may spare english.

Best regards
Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:43:56 pm »
If the Addon Manager works, then the problem is not the Addon Manager.

Other than the known problem of them using the same Hotkey, which can be fixed, I don't know of any other problems with it and nobody else reported it so, if the Ivap client doesn't start anymore now, it's nothing related to the Addon Manager but, something you might have done inadvertedly while fixing the previous problem.

The Addon Manager doesn't do anything to the network so, if the Ivap client can't connect, as you described in your first message, it's surely can't be caused by the Addon Manager. I believe I've already answered this, and the fact that nobody else reported this, should be plenty of proof of this.

The Addon Mananger, also, does NOT redefine or take ANY keys, so it's not possible either that FSUIPC couldn't assign them anymore because of it. Couatl, instead, takes some keys, and it does it in the official Simconnect way, and all the keys used by it are indicated in its own menu, and you can redefine them to avoid conflicts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:48:02 pm by virtuali »

mc-leod

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 03:25:32 pm »
Hi,
I know, I'm the only one who has this strange issue but I have it and the AddOn Manager must be infaktet my system. Before installation of AddOn Manager all things working fine. After the installation all mystakes appearing I have described above. I have tried it several times right now. After the deinstallation of AddOn Maneger I have to read back my system backup of partition C to get IvAp running from FSX menue again and after a new installation of AddOn Manager I have the same issue every time and I've tried it 8 times till now.

So it seems you can't help because I'm the only one and there is no reason to beleave one person who has only issues after installation of AddOn Manager.

Nevertheless thanks for try to help.

Best regards

Axel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 04:39:48 pm »
After the deinstallation of AddOn Maneger I have to read back my system backup of partition C to get IvAp running from FSX menue again and after a new installation of AddOn Manager I have the same issue every time and I've tried it 8 times till now.

What restored your Ivap program, wasn't uninstalling the Addon Manager but, instead, restoring your partition, because the problem wasn't caused by the Addon Manager in the first place, but by something else in your system that, by restoring the disc partition, was solved because your system went back as it was before.