Author Topic: GSX Crash  (Read 4141 times)

mariogomezmolina

GSX Crash
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »
Hello,

After the last update when I go to select an airport I have this message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

I unistall Visual C++ 2005 and install it again as explain in the forum, but I have the same error.
Could you help me please?

P.S: I turn off my antivirus and I have the same error

Thanks!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:32:43 pm »
I'm sorry but, if you already reinstalled the VC++ 2005 runtimes, that's not much else you can do. I can only confirm the error is caused by a problem in your system with the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

You might try removing all the runtimes again, and do an FSX "Repair" option. Try first an FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) Repair first.

Gnezdo

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »
I solve this problem. Try to start FSX with Administrations Rules. Its helps me =) Right click on FSX icon and Run as Administration.

mariogomezmolina

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:14:57 pm »
Yes if I run with administrative rights it works!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »
Well, it's not needed to run FSX in Administrator mode with any of our software, the problem is usually caused by other products are not Vista/Win7 compliant and try to write into the FSX folder, were a regular used doesn't usually have permissions to run if it's installed into the default C:\Program Files location. Our products correctly use the %APPDATA% folder, which is the right place for user settings without admin rights so, your problem probably was caused by something else.

In any case, if it's works for you running in Administrator mode, that's fine and it won't cause any problems.

808CruzControl

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:23 pm »
Thats weird. Something isnt letting me install GSX. When i install it then run fsx, the runtime error comes up telling me that it had to close.