Author Topic: Fairbanks FAPA  (Read 9839 times)

Kurt

Fairbanks FAPA
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:07 am »
At the new airport from Aerosoft "Fairbanks" PAFA got this message:
There are no parking available at this airport  >:(

dickxxx

Re: Fairbanks FAPA
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:28:09 am »
Same here. I would suspect this not being a GSX problem. No mentioning of this problem on the Aerosoft support forum sofar.
But still very intrested in a solution !
b rdgs Dick

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »
Aerosoft distributes the competitor to GSX, I wouldn't expect any help from them.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »
"No parkings" seems strange, because it means GSX has read the AFCAD correctly, but couldn't find any parking spots, or maybe *usable* parking spots, meaning they should be properly connected to the taxiway network.

Another possible reason, is that the AFCAD is not self-contained, meaning it's not a complete AFCAD but, it just overrides something of the default one, so some information is in the default AFCAD and other in the one that comes scenery. OR, if the data is split through multiple AFCADs supplied with the scenery, which is basically the same issue. GSX do not support such configuration, which is not very common (although FSX itself can handle it), since most of the scenery developers (especially commercial ones), usually supply a self-contained AFCAD.

If someone could send me the AFCAD in use (indicated by GSX in the parking customization dialog), we can have a look at it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:57:17 pm by virtuali »

dickxxx

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 06:11:32 pm »
Checked the files and there are actually 6 afcad files. The customization window indicates (when on the ground in PAFA) the afcad in use as the 2Z5 one... which seems to be "Chena River" and is recognized by FlightSimCommander as a very closeby bush airport. I changed the extension for the 2Z5 afcad file to .bak and GSX works fine now. The GSX manual does indicate an option to disable GSX on certain airports ( which I would have preferred) but as far as I understand the format to do so requires an Icao code which in this case we do not have. Or am I mistaken here ?
Virtuali : you still want the afcad files ?
b rdgs Dick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
as far as I understand the format to do so requires an Icao code which in this case we do not have. Or am I mistaken here ?

It's not necessary the ICAO code being a real one, just that matches the one used by the AFCAD designer, there must be one for sure, regardless if it's real or not so, if you put that code in the GSX exclusion list, it should exclude the airport.

dickxxx

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »
ok... I made an exception for this airport in the inifile using 2Z5 as airport code and renamed the 2Z5 afcad again with a .bgl extension. Now when I want to use GSX while on the ground at PAFA I get the reply : "GSX has been disabled on this airporty by user settings'. The customization window option is not active so I cannot verify which afcad is being used but seems likely that we are back on the 2Z5 afcad. Is there another way to force GSX to read the appropiate afcad apart from renaming the 2Z5 afcad with a .bak extension ?
thx your help !
b rdgs Dick
=

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »
We'll need to update GSX to handle these special cases.

DrumsArt

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »
ok... I made an exception for this airport in the inifile using 2Z5 as airport code and renamed the 2Z5 afcad again with a .bgl extension. Now when I want to use GSX while on the ground at PAFA I get the reply : "GSX has been disabled on this airporty by user settings'. The customization window option is not active so I cannot verify which afcad is being used but seems likely that we are back on the 2Z5 afcad. Is there another way to force GSX to read the appropiate afcad apart from renaming the 2Z5 afcad with a .bak extension ?
thx your help !
b rdgs Dick
=

@ Umberto,

This is exactly the same issue I encountered with Simwings/Aerosoft PANC airport : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6810.0

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Richard Portier
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:58:43 pm by DrumsArt »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

marvic

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 02:05:42 pm »
At the new airport from Aerosoft "Fairbanks" PAFA got this message:
There are no parking available at this airport  >:(
The reason is that there are multiple AFCAD files used for the airport to represent more realistic traffic. Some times when you click
on a spot such as the gate when you load up, it shows in the FSX screen as Fairbanks seaplane base. GSX is reading what it is
told. Not to likely to get pushback services in the water or anything else for that matter.

Cheers, Marvic.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
Could this be Aerosoft's subtle way of forcing AES use at their airports?   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »

Not really, it's just that we haven't handled such cases in GSX, but we'll surely will.

marvic

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 07:31:45 pm »

Not really, it's just that we haven't handled such cases in GSX, but we'll surely will.

Thanks Umberto, this not being a GSX problem, you are still willing to find a way around it. Your support is great.
Cheers, Marvic.

marvic

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 12:42:09 am »
Here is a quick fix, be it only a temp fix. I removed the two BGL's, AFX_FAI1-02.bgl & AFX_2Z5.bgl  & placed them in a separate folder. Now the GSX works at the gate and cargo areas. Do this at your OWN risk.
FYI,  the jetways do NOT move, they are only setup for AES.  ( I think they only want people to use AES.)
Cheers, Marvic.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 01:49:56 am »
I suspect you'll see more developers going the static jetway route because of AES, too much work to animate them.