Author Topic: Customize pushback speed  (Read 9146 times)

cj_duke

Customize pushback speed
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »
Hi,

I have read the following thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6261.0

I do agree with Chris, that the pushback is taking too long. Each part (connecting tow bar, pushing, disconnecting) takes just a little bit too much time, but if you add up all parts, it lasts too long. I can understand that the pushback speed is linked to the walking speed, but compared to the following video, the pushback is finished within 2,5min.

Is there anything chance to speed up the pushback, especially disconnecting the truck and the handsignal after pushback?

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
Re: Customize pushback speed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 05:24:36 am »
Seems like a simple fix, but I would rather have GSX being updated with DE-ICING and Clean Up Crew or something. That's my opinion though!
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:47:39 pm »
If you're doing a proper flight procedure, you should be performing your startup, before taxi, and taxi checklists while pushing back instead of watching the action and wishing it were faster.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:20 pm »
If you're doing a proper flight procedure, you should be performing your startup, before taxi, and taxi checklists while pushing back instead of watching the action and wishing it were faster.   ;D

I agree completely. With all of the necessary checks and ATC communications going on inside the cockpit, things often go by too quickly. I miss out on seeing the animation in many cases and must remind myself to take a peek outside once in a while. The pace seems fine to me.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

johndrago

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:34 pm »
Hi,

I have read the following thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6261.0

I do agree with Chris, that the pushback is taking too long. Each part (connecting tow bar, pushing, disconnecting) takes just a little bit too much time, but if you add up all parts, it lasts too long. I can understand that the pushback speed is linked to the walking speed, but compared to the following video, the pushback is finished within 2,5min.

Is there anything chance to speed up the pushback, especially disconnecting the truck and the handsignal after pushback?

I disagree.  Doesn't see long at all.  With all the cockpit prep, it ends just in time. 

- John

Chris

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:11:09 pm »
Go to the next airport and stop the time from starting push until taxi.
Then you will see that you are in most cases unable to catch that time with GSX.

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:06 am »
I got  a simple  solution    just  start  from the  active rwy  and  you will bypass  the  taxing   as well,  sorry  couldnt  resist lol.   As the previous  posters  have  suggested by the time  you do your  engine  start  and  and carried  out  your  checklists   the push back  will have  been completed.

cj_duke

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 12:15:02 pm »
Thanks for this great advice! In the future, I will log on to VATSIM on the active runway, what a great idea!

Guys, it was a simple question about customizing pushback speed, not about cockpit workflow. For example, the adjustment (customization) could be done as it works with sound volume, just a simple slider. So you could slow down your cockpit prep to watch things moving and I'm fine, too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
The issue is, the pushback speed IS realistic compared to the realistic walking speed of the wingwalker. Just increasing the Pushback speed will either result in:

1) If we leave the wingwalker as it is now, he will be left behind

OR

2) If we increase his frame rate, he will walk at an unrealistic and comical pace

OR

3) We should redo the wingwalker animation to have him walking faster, but in a realistic way, but that will also means the speed will NOT be "customizable", because the new (faster) speed, which is fine for some users, will be the new default speed for everyone.

You really are expecting too much from FSX and its graphic engine: it's not that if I say to the wingwalker "set speed to 9 km/h" he will be so clever that he'll start to RUN...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:41:57 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »
I will log on to VATSIM on the active runway, what a great idea!

Only if you want to find yourself banned from the VATSIM servers!  They get really annoyed when users spawn on the active runway.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cj_duke

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 03:19:48 pm »
The issue is, the pushback speed IS realistic compared to the realistic walking speed of the wingwalker. Just increasing the Pushback speed will either result in:

1) If we leave the wingwalker as it is now, he will be left behind

OR

2) If we increase his frame rate, he will walk at an unrealistic and comical pace

OR

3) We should redo the wingwalker animation to have him walking faster, but in a realistic way, but that will also means the speed will NOT be "customizable", because the new (faster) speed, which is fine for many users, will be the new default speed.

You really are expecting too much from FSX and its graphic engine: it's not that if I say to the wingwalker "set speed to 9 km/h" he will be so clever that he'll start to RUN...

Thank you, Umberto. This gets some clarification, how the system is modelled.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:27:26 pm by cj_duke »