Author Topic: Which Airplane is your favorite  (Read 10624 times)

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
Which Airplane is your favorite
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:07:48 pm »
So lately I got tired of flying the NGX everywhere in VATSIM and has just gotten blan. I tried out the Airbus X I won in a Aerosoft Christmas Contest and was bummed out about that for the longest time, until I finally was able to work the autopilot. Very fun plane to fly for the Delta VA and around Vatsim, but sucks when ATC assigns you a runway, and you can't tell the plane to align with it.

Much of that is really uneeded information up there, but I needed something to start a conversation. I'm wondering what your favorite Commercial or Cargo plane is out there. Not the actual airline itself,

Terrible way to end a post, haha!
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Which Airplane is your favorite
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:54 pm »
Easy one for me...

PMDG 737 NGX

I fly it 99% of the time. I wish it had come out years ago since it would have save me a fair amount of money buying other planes to take the place of the one I really wanted, which was the NGX. Fortunately, most of the other a/c I have bought besides the LDS 767, I purchased on sale.

petermaxkoller

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:32:53 pm »
Mine is the Fly 737-800 NG.

Peter
Peter Koller LSZH Homebase
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:24:35 pm »
I got the CS 767 :/ I wish I never got it.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 05:19:30 am »
IFly 737-700NG since im to cheap to buy the PMDG NGX. :D

hopskip

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:13:48 am »
I absolutley adore my "Main fleet" of aircraft.
All videos in this post have been made by me.

1: PMDG 737NGX. Just the best. - I still havn't made an "Awesome amazing flyin" video of it yet, cos my older system wasn't quite up to running Fraps, FSrecorder, GSX, payware scenery, and Vegas Movie studio all at the same time with NGX, but I'm getting a new system in about 4 days, so It may feature in a musicalaviator video soon.

2: PMDG MD11. Still the best of Longhaul addons, but likley to be retired from my fleet as soon as I see a PMDG 777 for sale.

3: PMDG 747-400 - Sometimes I like flying airlines that aren't KLM and World or cargo flights on longhauls.

Some of the views in this video are of the Full Motion 747-400 simulator at www.worldflight.com.au

4: PMDG BAe Jetstream JS4100 - More hands on, slower, very interesting engines that require some special handling. A real joy to fly on short flights to/from smaller feeder airfields.

5: Realair (wow, a break from PMDG for once). Beechcraft Royal Duke BE60. Put the (very expensive but amazing) RealityXP GNS530 GNSS/WAAS GPS system in it and it's a dream 6 seat turboprop. Fly it along at 18,000ft - 24,000ft. It can really get into and out of some small airfields. It's nice to have a small private plane to go to some of the smaller airport scenerys available from Orbx, OZx and the like.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:28:02 am by hopskip »

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:01:15 am »
What specs you getting for your system? I also can't wait for PMDG 777 and 747 V.2 for long oceanic flights!

hopskip

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 07:16:47 am »
What specs you getting for your system? I also can't wait for PMDG 777 and 747 V.2 for long oceanic flights!

i5 3570K, nVidia GTX 670 DCII, 8GB DDR3 PC-12800/1600 Ram.

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 10:39:55 am »
ahh I got a i7-2600k oc to 4.3 and gtx 560ti superclockled. I want the 680 though and a full tower case.

SRAces

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »
Mine has to be the PMDG 737 NGX.  While I have several other payware airliners (i.e. Dreamwings and Captain Sim), they just don't come close to the NGX.  I am more partial to the -600/-700 series as I can fly them into smaller airports.  Will probably be purchasing the full GSX version this evening as I want to use it with all my airports...not just the FSDreamteam ones...lol.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (Retired)
Lake Park, GA

Intel I7-950 @ 3.7GHz, ASUS Sabretooth X58 motherboard, 18GB RAM, Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case, Corsai X70 water cooling, EVGA GTX 780 and EVGA GTX570, etc.

sticky1202

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 09:40:51 pm »
For the most realistic experience, I love the Maddog MD-80. So many features modeled.   http://www.flythemaddog.com/

Jim

eastern

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 02:22:57 am »
My favorite:
FSLabs Concorde
Sim Check A300
Quality Wings 757
Airbus X A320/321
Flight 1 ATR
Hope to get PMDG NGX soon :-\.

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:38:21 am »
I heard the FSLabs Concorde is a pain to set-up for people who have never flown it yet. Also after seeing the PMDG 777 previews, can't wait for that plane to hit the markets!

eastern

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »
You are correct, she is challenging as you get to know the aircraft. In my opinion if you can learn to fly the Concorde most other add-on aircraft become very easy to understand. Once you practice and understand the Concorde you will become addicted I promise. Pre-flight must be done and it can take time. But, considering that I can fly from LAX to HNL in 2 hours on average at real simulation time it’s hard to go back to a 6 to 7 hour flight. Besides it makes it fun to connect all the great FSDT airports in minimal time. Also, a tutorial video has come out recently teaching all aspects of the plane making learning easier. I think what has become more challenging for some was learning the INS navigation system. The most important part of the whole adventure of flight simulation is to have fun and taken on new challenges.
Happy flying  ;)

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:45 am »
Ya don't you have to load up sector files for the INS or something for the airport your at.