Author Topic: Palm Springs Intl. Airport (KPSP)  (Read 10254 times)

Jetranger

• Jetranger
Palm Springs Intl. Airport (KPSP)
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:14 pm »
Kinda seems like the Sim World Developers have forgotton about (KPSP) Palm Springs Intl. Airport, located in Southern California . Upon doing a search on like 7 different Flight Sim Web Sites, only found 1 scenery for KPSP, and it was old for 2004 and looked fairly Generic with Default buildings. All I keep seeing is the same Airports being re-developed over & over again by many Developers, theres all kinds of LAX Airports , Miami Airports, Anchorage Airports, NY Airports , it seems like an on-going circle chase on a merry go round as developers follow each other developing the same sceneries the other developers have, All big Mega Airports , lord I can't tell ya how many SFO Airports are available out there anymore, I lost count at 5.  Well one day, maybe somebody will decide to quit following everybody else around in circles and come out with a (KPSP) Palm Springs Intl. Airport, where many Famous Movie Stars have flown in & lived, and other prominent figures - as well as add the Trolley car up the top of the mountain and the Round Bob Hope House as well as the magnificent terminal of the airport, with some open Hangers and decent night lighting. Ohh well, just wishing, and the search continues ~ !!!  Palm Springs Intl. Airport ------} http://www.palmspringsca.gov/index.aspx?page=270 http://www.vacationpalmsprings.com/palm-springs-area-airport.php
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:21:24 pm by Jetranger »

bradl

Re: Palm Springs Intl. Airport (KPSP)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »

I believe Shez Ansari posted a very detailed version of KPSP over to AVSIM. No real construction or updates to PSP has happened that I can remember since it was released, so that should work well, along with Gottfried Reizak's scenery of that area. His work is over at Blue Sky Scenery.

BL.

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
Well, i'll have to check into that - thank you !

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:33 am »
I would be very disappointed if you were talking about Shez's scenery. It may be old but it definitely stands out as one of the better free scenery's that I have seen so far. Not to mention better than most payware projects on simmarket.

Again disregard if you were talking about another scenery.

Ryan
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:06 am »
Ryan : I'm still tryin to figure out how to get 6 gallons into a 5 gallon jug and your worried about scenery, times runnin out here and Hans is going to get us , think, think,, how do ya get 6 gallons into a 5 gallon jug we've only got like 1 minute to figure this out and were toast, think, think !!!!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »
Getting back to the subject of Shez Ansari, has anyone checked out Sun Sky Jet recently?  The FSX version of KPHL is finally completed and set for release Friday July 20th.  Screens look really good.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
Getting back to the subject of Shez Ansari, has anyone checked out Sun Sky Jet recently?  The FSX version of KPHL is finally completed and set for release Friday July 20th.  Screens look really good.

Bruce- Yeah I just saw that yesterday and I was thrilled to see that it is finally going to come out! It really looks like payware.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Jetranger

• Jetranger
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 04:55:08 am »
November - 18 - 2013

Well here it is a year later, and I was doing another search for Palm Springs Airport, and still nothing new !

I have that freeware one, buts its not anyway like ORBX scenery or Aerosofts scenery.

Wish ORBX / FTX , Fly Tampa or one of those developers would come out with a really decent one.

Just wishing,,,,,,

DChockey08

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 03:28:29 pm »
November - 18 - 2013

Well here it is a year later, and I was doing another search for Palm Springs Airport, and still nothing new !

I have that freeware one, buts its not anyway like ORBX scenery or Aerosofts scenery.

Wish ORBX / FTX , Fly Tampa or one of those developers would come out with a really decent one.

Just wishing,,,,,,

Not really sure the market is there to justify making the scenery..

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 03:58:45 pm »
Fsdreamteam is making the right choice by doing Houston. Midwest airports in the u.s need to be done, almost all of our airports are coastal airports. Flightbeam Denver is a great choice, we still need KMSP, KMEM, or maybe Oklahoma City. I'm pretty sure KMSP is Flightbeam's next U.S airport after KDEN.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:45:47 pm by Hnla »

Dominato83

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 05:43:47 pm »
Fsdreamteam is making the right choice by doing Houston. Midwest airports in the u.s need to be done, almost all of our airports are coastal airports. Flightbeam Denver is a great choice, we still need KMSP, KMEM, or maybe Oklahoma City. I'm pretty sure KMSP is Flightbeam's next U.S airport after KDEN.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Agreed. Might be interesting if the poll cheating affects the decision though

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »
I've said this before in previous post, KMSP is one while another KSLC are at top of my list. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Dominato83

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »
I've said this before in previous post, KMSP is one while another KSLC are at top of my list. :)
I think they're at the top of everyone's list including mine, but Mir from Flightbeam and others have stated that SLC unfortunately doesn't make sense to do as the whole terminal complex is being basically replaced, and he's said that it will cost them too much to make an airport now and then a few years later totally remake the airport.  How I wish that the construction never started :'(