Author Topic: No working GSX anymore  (Read 4540 times)

jovi198

No working GSX anymore
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:07:46 am »
Recently I got problems with the operation of GSX. After purchasing it worked perfectly for a while, but not this week. Every time I start FSX and choose my aircraft I get an APPCRASH / couatl.exe. runtime error.

Through the forum tried various solutions, such as Microsoft Visual C + + runtime library removed, reinstalled, reinstalled FSX including SP1 and SP2, GSX reinstalled, but nothing works

My PC is up to date, all drivers are ok even my audio driver. I have no other programs installed FSX, FSX is completely clean except GSX installed. And yet every time he crashed. I will that GSX works I payed 30 euros. I hope there is a good solution, method is to solve this problem.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No working GSX anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:48 am »
It's fairly obvious that, if it worked before, what is crashing now is surely something that has changed in your system between then and now. About the VC++ libraries, have you tried removing BOTH the VC++ 2005 runtimes AND the VC++ 2008 runtimes, then reinstall the 2005 runtimes only ?

jovi198

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:01 pm »
Hi,

Correct, last week it work perfect but after the weekend not anymore. Nothing changed with FSX. Only Microsoft did some updates...

I've got
http://www.hollandse-hits.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Screen_05-Jul.-03-18.41.jpg

4 visual c ++ libary's. Wich one do i remove

Thankx
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:52:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »
4 visual c ++ libary's. Wich one do i remove

First remove all the 2005 versions, then reinstall GSX and see if it works.

If still doesn't, remove again the 2005 versions AND the 2008 version, then reinstall GSX again and see if it works.

If still doesn't, try to REPAIR the FSX SP2 install.

jovi198

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:18:09 am »
All the thing you descriped i did without result!!

Everytime I started FSX and the openings screen is appearing  couatl.exe is crashing :'(
Any other solutions

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 06:53:18 pm »
I'm sorry but, since this doesn't happen, I can't reproduce it so, it can only be a problem of such libraries corrupted on your system. I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall Windows.