Author Topic: Stand Alone Manager  (Read 3134 times)

pcubine

Stand Alone Manager
« on: June 28, 2012, 07:17:30 pm »
For the past several months I have received a message about a newer Stand Alone Manager available. I currently have version 2.9.0.3. I have clicked on do not update. Last night I downloaded and installed the Quality Wings 757 which is sold by esellerate. This morning I did a flight in the 737NGX from KJFK to KDFW. KDFW looked screwed up when I landed. So I loaded the trike and took a screenshot which is attached. I also checked the menu bar addons drop down which shows the addon manager but no couatl. I thought on the drop down menu the couatl appeared. Anyway it is not there. Additionally after I installed the QW 757 I received a message that a newer version of KFLL was available which I ignored since I believe I have the lastest version from about two years ago. Any thoughts or solutions to this mess?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stand Alone Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »
I have received a message about a newer Stand Alone Manager available. I currently have version 2.9.0.3. I have clicked on do not update.

I received a message that a newer version of KFLL was available which I ignored since I believe I have the lastest version from about two years ago

If you keep ignoring the prompts to update, which are obviously made for a reason, something will not work at some stage, the whole point of the Live Update notifications is that you don't have to figure it out which version you have, which version is available, if the update says you don't have the most current version of something, then you don't have it...

The Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer contains many additional files that gets updated constantly, even if the base Addon Manager .DLL doesn't change so, just trust the update notifications. Same as for KFLL scenery, it was updated very recently so, if the update notification says you have to update, then you have to update...

So, before doing anything else, just update everything that says it wants to be updated, and see if it works.

pcubine

Re: Stand Alone Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:03:36 am »
Umberto

I downloaded and installed KFLL and the Stand Alone Manager. Everyting seems to be ok.

Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD