Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 14183 times)

newyorkyankees1

Re: HELP!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
I uninstalled the installed Visual C++ 2005 runtimes on my computer then installed all the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes you posted  and had no luck.I then tried the fsx sp2 repair with no luck.followed by a fsx repair option,no luck.I did restart my computer for a windows update which is usually automatic but still had no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »
Try to remove also all the 2008 VC++ runtimes (if you see any), then reinstall the 2005 ones, then reinstall GSX.

In any case, the reason for your problem is certain: some system libraries are missing/corrupted on your system.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:20 am »
Is it possible that I may need a more recent version of VC++ runtimes installed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »
Is it possible that I may need a more recent version of VC++ runtimes installed?

Ideally, you need the same version we used to link our software with, which we obviously install when running our installers, and it's exactly the same as the one supplied with FSX SP2 so, on a correctly installed system, it's always supposed to work.

But, if you already have a more recent version, the older one will not be installed, and even if the newer versions are forward compatible, if you have a *problem* with them, programs using any version of the 2005 runtimes will not start.

Which is why sometimes is best to remove everything and start from scratch again. There are known issues of a specific 2008 version which broke the 2005 version, that's why I've suggested to remove both and reinstall both, and then run a Windows Update.

VC++ Runtimes in Windows Update are not always obvious: they are often presented as "security hotfixes", which silently upgrade the runtimes so, even if you don't see anything which *seems* relevant to them in Windows Update, do all the updates anyway.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:07 am »
I have done numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of the VC++ Runtimes along with FSX sp2 and GSX.still nothing.Meanwhile I was looking in my FSX/modules folder and was wondering if there should be anything having to do with couatl and add-on manager even though its not showing in my addons menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
I was looking in my FSX/modules folder and was wondering if there should be anything having to do with couatl and add-on manager even though its not showing in my addons menu?

The diagnostic message was very clear: the modules tried to start, but failed to load due to a missing .DLL in your system. Unfortunately, the diagnostic doesn't say which one but, the most common case is a problem with the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

In any case, the ONLY other .DLL that our modules requires are:

- The simconnect.dll, which is surely working because, if it didn't, you wouldn't even be able to generate a diagnostic in the first place. And, the first line of the diagnostic log also says the version is the correct one.

- The Esellerateengine.dll, which is located at C:\ProgramData\Esellerate. You might try checking if it's there but it's very unlikely it isn't, since our installer puts there. Note that C:\ProgramData is hidden, so you'll have to enable hidden files view in order to see it.

There are no other .DLL that our modules requires, the only one other than these two, is the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »
I just checked to see if I had the Esellerate folder and I cant find any folder labeled Esellerate.GSX WAS installed when I checked.WHat does this mean?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 08:11:25 pm »
Re-read my message carefully:

The Esellerateengine.dll, which is located at C:\ProgramData\Esellerate. You might try checking if it's there but it's very unlikely it isn't, since our installer puts there. Note that C:\ProgramData is hidden, so you'll have to enable hidden files view in order to see it.

Don't use search. FIRST, enable hidden files in the file View options, THEN manually navigate the C:\ProgramData folder and see if you have an Esellerate folder there, with an Esellerateengine.dll file inside.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:05 am »
Yes on my computer I already had enabled show hidden files and folders and I do not see any esellerate.When you say programdata you mean Application data rite?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »
When you say programdata you mean Application data rite?

I never said "programdata", I've said:

C:\ProgramData\

Which can't be confused with anything else.