Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 14184 times)

newyorkyankees1

HELP!
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
I just purchased GSX and it is the only FSDT product I have. I read and clearly understand the installation process.When I purchased then downloaded GSX from FSDT website I have no addonmanager at all. Also, when I start fsx I am not asked to run any programs or anything. I searched for answers on the forum.I have found no solution!IDK why I have no addonmanager or anything.Please help me I want to use this awesome product asap.Please HELP.
I have FSX sp2 operating on windows xp 64 bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »
The installation can't be easier, just run the installer, everything needed is of course installed automatically by the installer so, you really can't do wrong.

If you don't see the Addon Manager menu (and I presume you don't have the Couatl menu too), something is not right. And, fact you haven't even been asked permission to run both modules, is also not normal. Not having the two above menus, is not a problem just for the installation or activation: without them, none of our products will ever run.

The most common cause for this, is the antivirus so, install as follows:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:37:59 am »
OK I did all of the above steps with no luck.When I started FSX I still was NOT asked to run anything, also I have no add-on mananger or Couatl in my addons menu.What else could the problem be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:22:05 am »
You might have inadvertently put us in the Untrusted publishers list in your system, so nothing signed by us will ever run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Publishers" button, that will list the software Publishers that you trusted, and another tab with Publishers authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
Ok you said remove "virtuali s.a.s" from both tabs.It was in the trusted section so I removed it.Started FSX and still nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:10:41 pm »
You need to repeat all the above uninstalling/reinstalling procedure. The most important step is this one:

Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Then reinstall, and please not if you are being asked permission to run both modules.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »
ok I reinstalled,for the first time I was asked to run Addon-manager and couatl engine.But in the addons menu I have no addon manager or couatl scripting engine.Why won't it show?

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:54 pm »
NOTE:I DID click run software when I started FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:43 pm »
ok I reinstalled,for the first time I was asked to run Addon-manager and couatl engine.

I hope you replied Yes.

But in the addons menu I have no addon manager or couatl scripting engine.Why won't it show?

Because you reply No. You need to reply Yes to TWO questions: one made by Windows and another made by FSX. Two questions for each module so, it's 4 "Yes" in a row.

If you mistakenly replied "No" to the Windows question, you'll have to do the whole uninstall/reinstall again.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 05:49:58 am »
ok I pressed yes 4 times and I have no addon-manager or couatl in my addons menu.This makes no sense why it wont show.Now as a side note awhile ago I had FSDT O'Hare demo installed then uninstalled a while ago could that have anything to do with this as far as files or anything.I'm positive FSDT O'Hare demo is uninstalled and has been for awhile.Maybe somehow it has something to do with this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:24:24 pm »
If the modules don't run, it can only be caused by one of these:

- You haven't trusted the modules.

- An antivirus/antispyware is blocking them

- Your Windows installation has a problem with missing or corrupted system libraries

you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 06:20:27 pm »

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.68161 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000036B1  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\co
uatl.exe"  CommandLine=""
0.81288 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.81298 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"
1.20321 DLL Loaded:  Path="FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll"  Version="1.0.0.0
"
3.44084 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.8.2.7"
> 8.96628 [ 0, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="FSUIPC4"
> 55.99261 [ 0, 2]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=-558899537, DatumName="IS USER SI
M", UnitsName="Bool", DatumType=1, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »
0.81288 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.81298 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

Ok, that indicates the 3rd case: your Windows installation has a problem with missing or corrupted system libraries. Since it affects both modules, it's likely the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes that are corrupted or missing.

Try the following:

- Go in the Windows Control Panel, look for all instances of the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes, and remove them ALL

- Then, download and install the following file from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Install all of the in sequence, then run Windows Update.

After all of this, try running FSX again and see if the modules are running now. If not, try an SP2 REPAIR and an FSX REPAIR option.

newyorkyankees1

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 12:12:10 am »
OK willdo.But what is the windows update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:25 am »
OK willdo.But what is the windows update?

The Windows Update is the standard program supplied with any windows OS that updates windows...I can't believe you never used it before (if you don't, I wonder how outdated your entire install is), it's the program that checks with Microsoft all updates to Windows.