Author Topic: COUATL Closed in an unsual way  (Read 6406 times)

ashatsea

COUATL Closed in an unsual way
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:10 pm »
FSDT Dev Team,

Good Afternoon, I want to start off by saying I really enjoy your products and I have gotten some really good advice and help from posts on this forum but I have been having some issues the last two or three COUATL updates where I get the box in FSX that tells me to update COUATL and then all H$ll breaks loose. I get the app requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. the last couple of times I just remove all FSDT products and reinstall but now I can't load up FSX without getting the error. I have followed the advice on removing all MS VB 2005 packages and wiping the system clean of FSDT and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to work. I have attaached my COUATL log to the post and I don't have any Anti Virus except Winblows Defender. I have attached the COUATL. ERR and the Logfile below....Any Help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! ???

Ash,

Cool Master HAF912/Intel Core i7 2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4ghz/ H60 Liquid Cooler/ MSI  Z68A-GD80 Motherboard/ ZOTAC GTX 580 1536MB/ 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline DDR3 RAM/ WD BLK CAVIAR 500GB 7200RPM SATA 6.0 3.5 HDD & WD BLK CAVIAR 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0 3.5 HDD/ WinBlows 7 & FSX SP2  

COUATL ERR File:
couatl v2.0 (build 2239)
panic log started on Tue Jan 31 13:47:17 2012
Bglmanx disconnected prematurely

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
panic log started on Sun Feb 05 15:29:56 2012

couatl v2.0 (build 2303)
panic log started on Sun Apr 08 07:36:15 2012

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:42:16 pm by ashatsea »

ashatsea

Re: COUATL Closed in an unsual way
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
I figured it out......I was trying to install the add on manager before GSX! It should have been GSX first ADD ON Manager second then all other scenery!

ashatsea

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:29:34 pm »
Forget it didn't work at all 7 days with no luck I'm on my 14th attempt at uninstalling reinstalling I'll fly out of another Airport ???
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:40:12 pm by ashatsea »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:02:11 pm »
Your error logs shows no errors after April 8. This means, after that date, either no errors happened, or Couatl hasn't even started.

If it doesn't even start, if you are *really* sure you don't have an antivirus (not even an anti-spyware), the most likely cause is missing system libraries from Windows, you can't just remove the VC++ (NOT VB!!) runtimes, you also have to reinstall them, and usually run a complete Windows update AFTER reinstalling them, because Windows update will likely update them again.

Another way to fix this, is to do an FSX Repair, it can be done without uninstalling any addons.

And besides, there's no need to install the Addon Manager or a special "order" of installation. GSX comes with the Addon Manager and everything else needed for it to run. If it doesn't run, the cause it's not the installation, but something else in your system that is preventing it to run.

Another thing to check, is if you have inadvertently put "Virtuali" under the untrusted publishers, so nothing signed by us will run in your system. Check in the Control Panel, "Internet Options", select the "Publisher" then the Untrusted Publishers list, and be sure we are not there.

ashatsea

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »
I have tried this and stillI get the closed in an unusual way. Not sure what to do from here but reinstall everything in the future should I not upgrade the stand on manager when it asks me to do so that is when the problem seems to happen?

ashatsea

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »
I'm doing a fresh reinstall I'll check in when it's done and let you know the results. ???

ashatsea

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »
I reinstalled FSX it seems to be working now!

ashatsea

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »
Damn spoke too soon I can get the airports to install without the error but GSX keeps giving me the error and I am installing the newest one off the website. ??? I have no Anti Virus why would Zurich install and work but not GSX?

ashatsea

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:12 pm »
No Joy I got my FSDT airports back and thats more important than GSX. I'll continue using AES until the next version of GSX comes out! Thanks for the assistance

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »
GSX works just fine on my computer, and yours is far better than mine.  You need to find out what is causing your problem, because it isn't GSX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »
Damn spoke too soon I can get the airports to install without the error but GSX keeps giving me the error and I am installing the newest one off the website. ??? I have no Anti Virus why would Zurich install and work but not GSX?

It's NOT POSSIBLE that Zurich (or any other scenery) would work, and GSX wouldn't. Not possible because, the Zurich installer downloads and install the SAME Couatl/Add Manager files that GSX downloads and install, they are the same, taken from the same location, so it's not really possible that Zurich works and GSX doesn't.

Now, about your log:

If you are still getting the "bglmanx has disconnected prematurely", it's a message that means you have modified some files in FSX or a trying to use an OLD version of one of our sceneries, together with a newer version of the Addon Manager. It's not possible you end up doing this by mistake, unless you are using a VERY old installer for Zurich (one that doesn't downloads files from the internet to get the most current version), and are insisting using the old version for some reason.

Don't use old versions, use only the most current version of the installers, don't try to manually replace files after the installation, because it won't work.

ashatsea

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:04:08 pm »
All the installers pulled files from the internet and I downloaded all of the airport installers from the FSDT website.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
Which just confirm it's not possible that Zurich would work and GSX not because, I've said, the files for the Addon Manager+Couatl are EXACTLY the same, from the same server and the same url. The same.