Author Topic: airbus  (Read 4142 times)

mike baker

airbus
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:48:54 pm »
q1 Hello i have just purchaced gsx and i am using fsx with project airbus it has a intelliscene file in folder because i also use aes but so gsx has wrote a ini file for my project airbus but when i am using gsx at gate it wont go behond open door 2 but you cant open door 2 because it has no opening door 2 i see in ini it should bypass door 2 but it is not
i will attach ini and intel files for you to have a look

q2 i noticed in the forum that their are updates are these seperate update than the live update in fsx
thankyou
mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: airbus
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »
i see in ini it should bypass door 2 but it is not

Nothing in the .INI says it should bypass the exit 2. There's a code = 2, which means the exit 2 will open with Shift+E then 2, which is seems to be shared with the cargo doors.

So, assuming this airplane has working cargo doors that open with Shift+E then 2, and a static exit 2, you should put

code = 0

in the [exit2] section.

q2 i noticed in the forum that their are updates are these seperate update than the live update in fsx

They are addition and users contributions, so they are not mandatory to use GSX properly, but surely can be useful,  if you have the related airplane or scenery.

mike baker

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »
no matter what i do it gets stuck on exit 2 ive done everything you have said
 their are 2 ways to open doors on project airbus [shift and e] opens left front main door and [tailhook] opens left rear door and right cargo doors 1+2 together
please could you help or set me up a file
forgive me for my lack of understanding
regards
mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:20:49 pm »
their are 2 ways to open doors on project airbus [shift and e] opens left front main door and [tailhook] opens left rear door and right cargo doors 1+2 together

Your first message was asking about exit 2, which is why I've replied with an example for exit 2. Since this airplane uses a nonsensical command (Tailhook???) to open cargo doors, which doesn't make any sense, since it could have used the standard Shift+E+2 for cargo (I guess It's a port from FS9 ? ), you will have to tell GSX to ignore the doors status for the cargo exits too.

Of course, this is done exactly like for exit 2, putting a:

code = 0

in the [cargo1] and [cargo2] sections too.

Copying and pasting from Page 28 of the GSX manual:

If code is set to 0, the door will still work, but will be ignored by GSX which will not wait for it to start its animations. This is useful to enable airplanes with static doors or non-standard ways to open them, without having to remove the door and thus losing its associated services.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:22:27 pm by virtuali »

mike baker

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »
ok thanks for all your help sorry i missed it in the manual
regards
mike