Author Topic: Couatl uncorrectable errors. (Solved.)  (Read 5594 times)

hog

Couatl uncorrectable errors. (Solved.)
« on: June 13, 2012, 02:02:10 am »
Hi Umberto! Sometimes ago i already "talkinig: with you about RUS version of FSX and GSX, an we can run it normally in my system, but i change a hardware totally. Once, now i trying to install the GSX onto my new notebook onto a CLEAN instance of RUS FSX GOLD Edition (FSX Deluxe + Acceleration Pack) and i get this:

couatl v2.0 (build 2313)
panic log started on Wed Jun 13 03:47:09 2012
Executable integrity compromised

I can`t find there any suggestions of correctable my problem, and can`t fix it by myself. System is a Lenovo Z560 Notebook (Core i5, 4G ram, )without any "specific" software - Just a Win7 Ultimate X64, work software (like a MS Office, some cisco configuration tools, e.t.c) and drivers. Video on my model is a Nvidia GEforce 310M , and do not reqited to install any ATI tray utilits :), antivirus is a NOD32, but it is a disable to check any files in FSX directory, and when i install a GSX is been disabled totally, FSX runing as Administrator rights, installation process, of couse, too, no any other addons installed, only a LVD 763 for FSX.

For checking conflicting software a unload all from system tray, but it is not give me a any difference, a all system a clean (vithout any viruses). What i need to do??

P.S. installation package have been redownloaded (lastest version) from site, and also i trying to "online" update the stand allone manager, but it is not work for me. All ground traffic, and AI aircraft is disabled totally, because in Russian version of SIM with AI aircraft + ground traffic + GSX make a totally CTD without any resolve it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:50:26 pm by hog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl uncorrectable errors.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:40 am »
This problem can be caused only by this two things:

1) A product you installed, which very invasively attach itself to *any* executable in your system. Something like that shouldn't be used at all (it's a full hack into your system), and we know for sure the freeware ATI Tray Tools does this, but even if you don't have installed it (are you really sure ?), it doesn't mean much, the ATI Tray Tools utility is the one we *know* about, but there might be others out there that we don't know, which work with a similar principle. Removing anything from the Tray bar is not a sure fix, it would eliminate only the programs that create an Tray bar icon, but those that don't.

A better way to check everything at startup is to use the MSCONFIG utility (just type MSCONFIG in the Search bar and press Enter), so you can select what is being loaded at start. And, of course, reboot to apply the changes.

2) If it's not a product you installed, the only other thing that can do this...it's a real virus.

The only thing sure, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and can't be fixed by us, because it's caused by something else which is ATTACHING the Couatl.exe (and likely, any other .exe in your system, so it's very dangerous)

hog

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
Firstable, i m a have a 15 years expirience with IT, because i m a NOC of one of Rus ISP (Network Operations Coordinator), and i really *know*, in my CLEAN SYSTEM do not have a any difference with old PC, same OS, same software, same FSX Gold, same GSX, but on OLD PC it works, on new - not.
I REALLY shure for in this system NOT INSTALLED ATI tray tool, because it tool use for ATI Tech video, now i have a different video, as i told it NVidia Vodeo GEforce 310M with 512M ram. On this video ATI Tech tools *not* bt work, becasue hardware platform is a different manufacturer. :)

I told, my system is a CLEAN for any virus, i m double check yhe different antivirus software, and i have a "antivirus" im my head "hardware" for not doing everything possible to get hacked or get virused.

Today i have a lot updates from Microsoft, and after applying that, i have a NEW messages from FSX:

Addon 01 is outdated, please update stand allone update manager from {your_site_URL}. Now i trying to up-to-date the addon, and "say" what it does.

hog

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »
It does nothing. Dances with Shamanic drums and cast spells is continued... WTF?? WHAT is a system software maybe modifying a FSX utility?? Power management?? Videodriver?? Face recognition software?? Scanner driver?? Disk defragmentator?? I m misunderstand what is happend...

hog

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:35 pm »
Okay, dances with Shamanic drums get positive result, and i found what is happend. Couatl conflicting with Lenovo power management software. When i totally unload software, system service and PM driver, FSX works with maximum ground AI aircraft, airport handlers tfarrfic and(!!) GSX, with proper Couatl engine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:39:00 pm »
Couatl conflicting with Lenovo power management software.

Well, it's not that Couatl is conflicting with that software, is that software which is using a virus-like attach technique, since it apparently tries to get hold of any executable currently running. Apart for the questionable methodology, I wonder how this will affect performances, since it surely need to keep track of every other executable in the system, and don't see why a power management software should do that.

If any power management software did that, we would hear plenty of similar reports with other power management, but since this is the first report ever, it's clear this software is quite unique and there's no need to use that behavior to do power management...

When i totally unload software, system service and PM driver, FSX works with maximum ground AI aircraft, airport handlers tfarrfic and(!!) GSX, with proper Couatl engine.

Yes, of course, it's always an external cause, once you find the offending product, everything works as expected.

In any case, a REALLY "clean" system is something with just the Windows OS installed, and the absolutely minimal chipset drivers (video, basically, audio only if needed). Especially on notebooks, the first sensible thing to do, is to uninstall every utility that comes with the machine, they usually are just a nuisance, and don't really do anything extra that couldn't be made with plain vanilla Windows, especially Windows 7.

hog

Re: Couatl uncorrectable errors. (Solved.)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:36:37 pm »
Of couse, PM do not change executable, or hold it running, that Power Management use a two DLL`s who have a Automated Intellect and lookung a ram memory for started processes for smoothly change the system/battery/AC power usage. I`t is a nootebook, remember? :) I think, to the use nootebooks for simulate flights it`s a not good idea, but i do not have any chance, or a different systems now, only HP Servers and nootebooks. :) Or i should to use for FSX HP Proliant`s DL360p G8 servers??  ;D ;D That is not a good idea, that servers do not have a normal video, a 64G ram, 6X600G SAS HDD, 2X2,9Ghz 6 cores CPU, but no room and slots for videocard. ;D

And once - REALLY CLEAN it mean a full package of system drivers for normally system functional, as i says, it is a nootebook, and PM software MUST BE installed for optimal system/battery/AC usage as well, and, i do not thnk for you mean of nootebooks get from stock with Win7 Ultimate X64 edition preinstalled, and i never seen before nootebooks with Win7 Ultimate preinstall, and 7200rpm HDD`s. :)

I think, a lot of peoples use own computers/notebooks NOT especially for FlightSim, and also get normal workflow on it. Without PM support the system battery runup time is a below 3 hours, with PM drivers and software ABOVE 5 hours, and i use that nootebook for CISCO`s and servers installation and management, and manage existing system in different places over the town, and that runtime is very important for me, and a lot priority usage over FSX.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:53:28 pm by hog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 09:46:44 pm »
Without PM support the system battery runup time is a below 3 hours, with PM drivers and software ABOVE 5 hours, and i use that nootebook for CISCO`s and servers installation and management, and manage existing system in different places over the town, and that runtime is very important for me, and a lot priority usage over FSX.

You surely don't want to run FSX while on battery power, because it will lower performances (due to Intel speed step and video card automatic underclocking to save power) and the charge will last much less anyway.

Which means, in this scenario, it's probably best to use a different user account/profile optimized for AC usage, with as few services running as possible and run FSX under that account, and another user account/profile for general usage, optimized for power management, with all your needed services, etc.

hog

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 01:39:42 am »

best to use a different user account/profile optimized for

different system usage like as working/gaming. It`s it i already done. :)