Author Topic: Interesting problem at PANC  (Read 5851 times)

sleddriver

Interesting problem at PANC
« on: June 12, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »
I was flying my NGX in to Simwings Anchorage.  Landing from the north to rwy 14.  After landing, GSX will not give me any options for PANC, it assumes I'm at Lake Hood.  So it only gives me parking options for small planes, and no parking for gates, or even cargo.  Even after I parked at the gate, C7 I believe, the GSX menu wouldn't change to PANC.  Any thoughts? 

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Interesting problem at PANC
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:35:01 am »
That's an interesting problem, it seems that Lake Hood is a very uncommon case of an airport with its own ICAO code, inside the area of a larger one, which might easily confuse GSX.

You might try to add the PALH icao to the list of disabled airports in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file, hopefully GSX will ignore it and use PANC instead.

DrumsArt

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:02:20 pm »
That's an interesting problem, it seems that Lake Hood is a very uncommon case of an airport with its own ICAO code, inside the area of a larger one, which might easily confuse GSX.

You might try to add the PALH icao to the list of disabled airports in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file, hopefully GSX will ignore it and use PANC instead.

Hi Umberto,

I added the PALH icao to the list of disabled airports. Unfortunately it doesn't works !

Btw I know it's a FSX problem but have you please the possibility in a futur update to "force" GSX to recognize the PANC Afcad.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:01:32 pm »
We'll have a look at it

DrumsArt

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:51 pm »
We'll have a look at it

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

steve67

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:46:53 am »
We'll have a look at it

Any update on this?  A really annoying issue that makes GSX useless at this airport.

satt

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:01:01 am »
I echo those queries above. I recently flew into PANC online only to find that I had no GSX services

Can we get this looked at please?

Regards,
Andrew.

satt

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 09:07:13 am »
Hi. I don't mean to be a pain. But i use the lovely scenery for PANC a fair bit on VATSIM. I also use GSX everywhere i fly. I have the Lake Hood gate problem, and can suffer it no more upon landing at PANC, no GSX services. I have added PALH to the list of disabled airports, but as i just flew into PANC, (PALH)  :) i can stands it no more.

Any help/ideas please.

Regards,
Andrew.

3-2-1-Now

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:29 am »
A thought - have you tried to swap the order the scenery? e.g. if Anchorage is read first then Lake Hood, have you swapped it so that Lake Hood is read first, then Anchorage?

Best regards,
Robin.