Author Topic: Feature request: Emergency Responce Vechicles  (Read 3567 times)

Kilstorm

Feature request: Emergency Responce Vechicles
« on: June 04, 2012, 04:21:16 pm »
Did a flight last night usign FSPax in my JS41 and upon arrival found the plane had suffered a mechanical and the left wheel was not fully extending.  Long story short, landing safely and what was going to be a simple hop turned into such a ride.  With so many addons being used the immersion level was high.

GSX was part of that immersion on departure with the loading of pax and bags but upon landing I was not able to taxi off the active.  Made me think of "what if".  What if GSX offered an emergency responce feature just to have fire trucks etc drive up to your plane in the event of something like this.

We see the follow me car lead the plane, what if fire trucks are waiting to follow the vechicle down the active? Or just drive up to it? Pushing the Crtl +12 inflight brings up the GSX window with an option of 1) Declare an emergency ; which then changes the menu to the nearest airport list.  Select the airport and as you land, the trucks are waiting and follow up to you.  As just an idea.

GSX has opened up many missing features and immersion into the sim. Just felt the idea of building on its success would only add to its greatness.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Feature request: Emergency Responce Vechicles
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »
Pushing the Crtl +12 inflight brings up the GSX window with an option of 1) Declare an emergency ; which then changes the menu to the nearest airport list.  Select the airport and as you land, the trucks are waiting and follow up to you.  As just an idea.

The GSX menu is disabled when you're airborne, only way would be to cancel your IFR, which would allow you to select the nearest airport and land.  The function Request Emergency Vehicles could be added to the same menu as Follow Me, but it would have to be called on the ground.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 08:36:04 pm »
Thet probably could make it where you could use it in the air

StevenK

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:43 pm »
i like the sound of that Kilstorm.
i like to "simulate" engine failures and other failures on take-off, mid-flight and landing
this would be a great addition to GSX or a new product that would work with GSX

im sure something like this could be created but on the other hand as Bruce said the way GSX works is using your current location to determine what airport you are at and re-programming that so you could choose the airport would make things more challenging to the end user

as i said its a good idea for a different product or addon product like GSX
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors