Author Topic: fsx ustom jetways  (Read 4160 times)

ianj844

fsx ustom jetways
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »
Hi,
I have searched the web and found some things but cant seem to figure it out. What I am trying to do is to repaint the default fsx jetway into serveral jetways with logos on the side. I have found websites explaining how but no videos and the websites have started to confuse me. If possible could someone please make a video on how to do this?

Thanks,
Ian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fsx ustom jetways
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:10:12 pm »
You can't have multiple variations of the default FSX jetway. If you repaint their textures, it will show up in all airports with your repaint.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 04:37:44 pm »
I know that you can do it because it requires some work in gmax and all you do is change the guids and use the guid that you what in airpor design editor what I don't know howto do is to edit the texture within gmax

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 04:42:08 pm »
I replied that way, because you asked " I am trying to do is to repaint the default fsx jetway into serveral jetways". A repaint, by definition, is the SAME model used with different textures, and you can't do that with jetways, unless it's ok for you to have your repaint in all airports.

The "work done in Gmax" is not a repaint, it's an entirely custom model with its own GUID, have a look here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jetway_IK_video_tutorial