Author Topic: GSX Stopped Loading  (Read 8115 times)

Rollerball

GSX Stopped Loading
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:12:46 pm »
I have had GFX now for a month and had no problems but after doing an update everytime that I load FSX I get this message "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way please contact application support team", after pressing the exit message I get a further message stating "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working".
Has anybody got any idea as to what is causing this, FSX continues to load OK and is usable however GSX does not work. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards
Rollerball

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Stopped Loading
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:23:38 pm »

Rollerball

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:17 pm »
Have tried all suggestions that are advised in previous discussions but to no avail still getting same runtime message have no idea what to now, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
Rollerball

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
Try this:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

If this doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to either reinstall FSX or Windows itself.

Rollerball

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »
Well, I have done everything that you advised with the 2005 files but I still get the Runtime Message as soon as I try to go to a FSDT airport, GSX worked fine until I was advised an update was available via Live Update.
I ran the live update and thats when this problem started.   I fail to see how the problem can be caused by  FSX or Windows 7 and to re-install either program on the off chance of curing this problem seems a bit extreme to say the least, it looks as if I wasted my money and I will have cut my losses and sadly abandon GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:19 pm »
This user here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6760.0

Had the same problem, and fixed it by reinstalling the VC++ runtimes.

Rollerball

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:10 am »
I have already deleted all the runtime files and re-installed them but in my case for some unknown reason it has not made any difference, just out of interest, how many 2005 runtime files do you have showing in program manager I now have 4 separate additions.

Regards

Rollerball

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:23:25 pm »
how many 2005 runtime files do you have showing in program manager I now have 4 separate additions.

There's no "correct" number, it depends what you have installed. If you have more than 1, you need to remove then all, before reinstalling them.

You might also try a "Repair" option for the FSX Acceleration pack or SP2, this will also fix problems with runtime .dlls in your system.

Rollerball

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »
I will give that a try and let you know what happens.

Regards
Rollerball

Rollerball

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »
I have now run FSX acceleration as you suggested in repair mode and,  It was worth a try the result unfortunatly for me is, although the runtime files have now been re-installed I still get the message that an application has requested the runtime app to terminate in an unusual way, if I ignore this message I can run FSX and Zurich for instance is OK but the only thing I can do is lower or raise the sunshades at the airport.
Kind Regards

Rollerball

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:58:38 pm »
if I ignore this message I can run FSX and Zurich for instance is OK but the only thing I can do is lower or raise the sunshades at the airport.

Try to install GSX after everything else. Another thing worth trying, is to create a new user account, and install GSX under this, and run FSX under the new user account. Maybe you have a file permission problem, which a new user account should fix.

Rollerball

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 08:36:20 am »
I will give that a try.
Thanks
Rollerball

Rollerball

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »
Setting up new user account cured the problem the only thing is now is I will have to re-install all my addon aircraft and scenery but at least it's now working.

Many thanks for your assistance.

kind Regards

Rollerball

Rollerball

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 11:31:09 am »
You probably will understand why but I'm really confused now, after setting up the new user account as I stated it cured the problem however, when I reverted back to my original account I thought I would give it one last try before re-installing all my aircraft etc in FSX and GSX workes perfectly, weird.

Many thanks again for you help
one very happy
Rollerball.