Author Topic: adding vehicle to position  (Read 7751 times)

danroman

adding vehicle to position
« on: May 13, 2012, 07:30:32 pm »
I am trying to set up an add-on DC-4, freeware.  pushback and a loader appear, but not stairs.  I just want stairs for the rear passenger door.   none appear, but the position is shown by the new editor.   When I click on it, a bouncing exclamation mark appears.  Can I not add the stairs?  If I can, how do I arrange it? 

BTW, thank you for making GSX so much better and better.   It is marvelous!
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: adding vehicle to position
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
The aircraft configuration file doesn't have anything to do with the parking configuration. But of course, what vehicles you'll see in the editor, are dependent by the aircraft loaded when you enter in the editor.

And rightly so because, even if you might want to disable a specific service for an airplane, doesn't mean the parking shouldn't accept it for *another* airplane, so it allows you to customize its position, even if the airplane you had loaded when you entered the editor has the service disabled, so you will only see the pointer icon but no vehicle.

Of course, when customizing a parking, it's best if you do it while sitting in an airplane that has all the services and doors enabled, so you can see the actual vehicles, which is easier than placing just with the pointer.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:50:40 pm by virtuali »

danroman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:37:51 am »
So, I should load with the DC-4 first, not the ultraglider and the stairs will show?  or pick a plane that will show the stairs for the rear door? 
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:19:25 am »
Yes, exactly, the airplane selected will affect what vehicles will be shown in the editor, just as if you were parking there normally. This won't affect the ability to edit their position (the icon will be shown in any case), but it will be more difficult without seeing the actual vehicle.

Something like the default Ultralight is probably the worse possible choice, I tend to use the default A321 on a mid-size parking, and the default 747 on an heavy parking.

danroman

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:45 am »
OK, tried the new method.   Only got the pushback vehicle and a small luggage tug with cart. (and a gas truck on call)

I tried the A-321 and the default 738 (the latter has air stairs more like what would be used with a DC-4).  still only got the pushback and luggage tug with cart......  nothing else, sadly.....

here are some shots.....  
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/danroman56/FSDT/gsx%20tool/    
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:26:18 am by danroman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 12:05:55 pm »
I tried the A-321 and the default 738 (the latter has air stairs more like what would be used with a DC-4).  still only got the pushback and luggage tug with cart......  nothing else, sadly.....

I'm sorry, but what you describe doesn't happen, and nobody else reported it, so you must have made some kind mistake during the update, try to download the GSX current full installer, uninstall and reinstall the most current version.

danroman

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 07:40:10 pm »
Just to clarify:

Uninstall all of GSX
Install the current full version available from the products list at FSDT.

Will my key still work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
Yes, the full version is under the "Products" page or the GSX page. There aren't any other installers for GSX available.

As explained many times already on the forum, and on the manual too, there's no way you'll ever lose your activation by simply uninstalling and reinstalling, you can even remove the whole FSX and reinstall everything from scratch, you won't lose your activation.

The only time when you will need a reactivation is when you change a major hardware component, or when you reinstall Windows by reformatting your hard drive.

Uninstall/Reinstall can be made an unlimited number of times, if the hardware doesn't change and if under the same Windows installation.

danroman

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »
Do I also uninstall the GSX Vehicles Update 1.0?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:06:21 am »
Doesn't make any difference, the most current version of full installer always includes all the latest vehicles updates too.

danroman

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 04:35:45 am »
uninstalled and reinstalled....  same issue      The problem is the same....  is there some way to save the configuration so I get it consistently after using the 738?  I set it up with all your settings with the 738 and when I switch to the DC-4 only the push back and a small tug appear when I start GSX.....   

When I load the payware DC-6 from just flight, I get everything the 738 shows, but both ramps go to the back entry.....   better than nothing, I guess.... 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 12:09:14 pm »
I believe you misunderstood the issue: if you are not seeing all vehicles with a DC-4, that's to be expected, since the vehicle configuration depends on the airplane used, its doors, the number of passengers, the gear configuration, etc. You can set up your config file using the airplane configuration editor.

In any case, in your previous message, you said that you did not had vehicles even with the default 737-800 and A321, is this fixed now ?

danroman

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:53 am »
I don't remember or find anything like this....   those planes work fine.  In fact, I agree with the DC-4 config change.  I tried the payware Flight1 DC-6 and got ground vehicles just fine. (though both air stairs go to the back door).
In any case, in your previous message, you said that you did not had vehicles even with the default 737-800 and A321, is this fixed now ?

I will give that a shot.

Cheers!