Author Topic: No ground handling after parking at LSGG  (Read 3269 times)

ricardo_r

No ground handling after parking at LSGG
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »
Hi!

I've just made a flight from Algiers to Geneva, using FSDT's amazing scenery and iFly 737-600.
After landing and being assigned a gate, I chose that gate on the GSX menu and everything went well until trying to start deboarding. The marshal and luggage carts were put in place and so on, but after apply parking and cut the engines, on the YouControl window, there was no option to deboard, only to select a gate, like in the following pic:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2668/201254205158887.jpg

Is this a GSX bug or rather an user bug?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:28:48 pm by virtuali »
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ground handling after parking at LSGG
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »
Your screenshot seems to indicate you stopped too far (the GSX vehicles seems to be behind you), so there's no deboarding menu.

ricardo_r

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »
Uhm... I found it strange that the pushback cart was sitting a bit too backwards, but the marshaller was placed a bit farther and I followed him correctly.
I've now checked with AES off (I use it for the jetways) and something is not right with that gate (Gate 32). If I park at that stop mark on the ground, the jetway won't align properly with the aircraft (it becomes face to face with the nose), and if I park further where the marshaller tells me, it won't let me call the jetway at all. That is with AES off, if AES is on, the AES marshaller is at the correct stop position and if I park where GSX marshaller tells me to, the AES jetways aligns properly.

Thanks for your reply, Umberto! ;)
Ricardo Rodrigues

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:12:06 am »
I'll check it, but maybe we updated the AFCAD just there, and when jetways are involved, AES should be updated too. The default FSX jetway doesn't always work well (otherwise, you wouldn't use AES...), but at least with AES off GSX should work, because it always follow the current AFCAD as it is, while with AES you would need to update AES too each time a parking with a jetway is moved in the original scenery, which is what I believe we did at LSGG.