Author Topic: Problems with bglmanx.dll!  (Read 8327 times)

Der Flieger

Problems with bglmanx.dll!
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »
Hello,

I've experienced various problems with the Addon Manager since my last few purchases. I bought JFK, Zurich and Chicago some time ago and never had any problems with the installation. I should mention, that my computer is not connected to the internet, so I do not have any Antivirus or Firewall running on it. Because of my offline desktop computer, I always have to use my laptop to activate the sceneries.

This worked very good with my first three sceneries. But then came GSX and LAX. After installing them, there were no more buildings at any of my FSDT airports. I then installed the newest Addon Manager, in order to update my bglmanx.dll. But nothing improved.

I then had a look at the bglmanx.dll, just to find out that after installation of the Addon Manager, LAX or GSX it had a filesize of 0 Byte, so no FSDT scenery showed up in FS. I did some research on the internet and found out that there is a link where you can alwys get the newest bglmanx.dll: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dll

So my new tactic was, that after installing a new scenery or a new update (for GSX for example) I installed the newest Addon Manager and then I downloaded the newest bglmanx.dll manually from the above link and replaced the 0 Byte version which was installed by the Addon Manager.

This worked fine until yesterday, when I tried to get the newest version for GSX. I downloaded and installed the newest GSX installer, then I downloaded and installed the newest Addon Manager and finally downloaded the newest bglmanx.dll. But now I always get a "Quit to Desktop" as soon as I try to start my FSX.

I'm posting this here, because I don't find any solution for this after the updating GSX to the newest version. Before updating, I could deal with the 0 Bytes problem by downloading the newest bglmanx.dll, but this does not work anymore...

My two questions:

1. Why is the bglmanx.dll always 0 Bytes in filesize after installing either LAX, GSX or the newest Addon Manager and why do I have to download the bglmanx.dll manually?

2. Can you help me with my problem, because somehow my tactic doesn't work anymore...?

Thank you!
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with bglmanx.dll!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:40:13 pm »
2. Can you help me with my problem, because somehow my tactic doesn't work anymore...?

That method wouldn't work when the bglmanx.dll changes, you also need the related set of .dat files:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fsdt.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_aerosoft.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_qwings.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/bglmanx_fbeam.dat

However, it's not normal that you would end up with a 0 byes file, the installer should work even without an internet connection, just not with the most current version of the files, but it should give you valid files nonetheless.

We'll check better what's happening without an internet connection, but in the meantime those files will surely fix your problem.

Hreygro

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:08:06 am »
Welcome to the club, Sebastian !
I have exactly the same kind of problem : with no internet connection on my FSX machine, I always find a 0k bglman.dll in my FSX folder after having installed an update for GSX or the addon manager. I used to replace it with the one downloaded on the link you mentionned and the whole thing worked again... until GSX v1.4, I mean.
I did'nt even know about the .dat files thing. I'll try this method next time I have an hour or two before me.
Anyway, I'm very happy that Umberto will check what happens without internet connection. Perhaps it'll help us unconnected old dinosaurs... ;D

Henri R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:48:14 am »
I did'nt even know about the .dat files thing. I'll try this method next time I have an hour or two before me.

They are needed only when the .dll changes, that's why he didn't had the problem before, the .dll hasn't changed in months, but it has last week.

Der Flieger

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:02:24 pm »
Thank you for your response and help! Your solution worked and my FSX is running again! And thank you for having a look at the problem... :)

Welcome to the club, Sebastian !
I have exactly the same kind of problem : with no internet connection on my FSX machine, I always find a 0k bglman.dll in my FSX folder after having installed an update for GSX or the addon manager. I used to replace it with the one downloaded on the link you mentionned and the whole thing worked again... until GSX v1.4, I mean.
Anyway, I'm very happy that Umberto will check what happens without internet connection. Perhaps it'll help us unconnected old dinosaurs... ;D

Henri R

Hello Henri,

very interesting that there was somebody with exactly the same problem...and I'm a bit relieved that I'm not the only unconnected dinosaur who had this sort of problem! :D :D

Thanks for your reply!
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

Der Flieger

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:14:08 pm »
Hello!

Have you changed something with the new GSX 1.5, LAX 1.4.2 and Addon Managar 2.9.3 installers?

After running those updates, my bglmanx.dll had its correct filesize of 1.652kb and my FSX doesn't crash! There was no need to download any additional bglmanx.dll or .dat file!

Thank you very much for fixing this issue, which only affected us offline user! :)

Best Regards,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »
Have you changed something with the new GSX 1.5, LAX 1.4.2 and Addon Managar 2.9.3 installers?

Of course.

After running those updates, my bglmanx.dll had its correct filesize of 1.652kb and my FSX doesn't crash! There was no need to download any additional bglmanx.dll or .dat file!

We found it was a bug of the installer we use (Inno setup), so we had to do a specific fix for it that, since affected the really few non-connected users, hasn't been noticed so far.