Author Topic: GSX and PMDGJS4100  (Read 13939 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX and PMDGJS4100
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:19 pm »
Sure, I'm not disputing that, but the main point being that were you to do an update for the QualityWings 146, that wouldn't do any good for somebody who was using the JustFlight 146 unless by chance, the positions of the doors and what not were the same, which it probably isn't.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:16:53 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »
Even if an airplane model is the same, different developers might use entirely different reference points for their models, so measures will almost always never match.

Creating an airplane configuration for the doors locations is VERY easy using the GSX editor, what MIGHT be difficult is figuring out custom XML variables for airplane that don't use standard doors variables. That's why I've said that we might have to add a QW146 configuration ourselves, like we DID for the Avro models, because QW USUALLY use some custom variables for the doors.

But JF, USUALLY, makes simpler models using standard door variables, that are way easier to figure it out, you have only 4 choices to try at the most, so I don't see having to create a special GSX configuration ourselves for the JF model to be as useful as it would be for the QW model, because anyone should be able to create one, using the included airplane configuration editor in GSX.

Again, assuming this JF model is made using only standard door variables. If it's not, we would like to know about it (I didn't know that JF *had* a 146 model on offer, it's impossible for us to support our stuff and be aware of everything that's out there...), so we might consider adding it ourselves and IN THE MEANTIME, GSX can be configured to IGNORE the door's status, which is the option that will always work in any case so, there's absolutely nothing that prevents GSX to be used with any airplane out there, even one that is not natively supported.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
Even if an airplane model is the same, different developers might use entirely different reference points for their models, so measures will almost always never match.
Well, yes, that's exactly what I just said.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »

Yes, but I had to explain it better, for others that are reading this post, to clarify that an unsupported plane in GSX is not usually a problem, unless the developer used non-standard variables, which is not usually the case with JF.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:03 am »
Yes, but I had to explain it better, for others that are reading this post, to clarify that an unsupported plane in GSX is not usually a problem, unless the developer used non-standard variables, which is not usually the case with JF.
Copy, sir.
Captain Kevin

luko

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 09:45:41 pm »
Friends,
what should I do, to baggage car arrives on the left side of aircraft while boarding – is it possible?

Lucas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »
what should I do, to baggage car arrives on the left side of aircraft while boarding – is it possible?

Yes, you must create a config with a cargo door on the left side, and reversed. Meaning, the green arrow in the 3d aircraft editor should point OUTSIDE.

luko

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 10:26:13 pm »
I'm not sure I'm able to do it..  :-\ I'll try..
Thanks!

luko

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:36 am »
Hi Umberto,

I did it, baggage car now arrives where it should. Thanks for help.
However, I can’t change stop position pax car – I would like to pax car stops a little farther, I mean closer to aircraft main exit, but changing its position via 3D Editor (same way like baggage car) didn’t bring the effect.

Anyway... there is another thing I would like to do – I mean: cargo and service doors check.

I suppose that I have to set "Door with Custom Open/Close checks", but the problem is: what should I enter in "Custom check" line?
In manual, stated:
Finding custom variables used by a specific airplane, requires a good knowledge of the FSX SDK.
Hmm, I don't have this knowledge :(

Second thing - JS4100 has cargo door on the left side of fuselage, but on GSX' Customize Aircraft window, all cargo doors are on the right side.

Thirdly: JS4100 has own Ramp Manager. This is pop-up window where I can (by mouse clicking on each element) put chocks, connect GPU, put safety pylons, etc. ...and also open aircraft’ doors.

Ok, so, where should I start... ?

Ps. Is it possible you help me a little?

Ps2. Maybe JS4100 & GSX users already have configuration with cargo and service doors checks and could share it?

Lucas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:17 am »
However, I can’t change stop position pax car – I would like to pax car stops a little farther, I mean closer to aircraft main exit, but changing its position via 3D Editor (same way like baggage car) didn’t bring the effect.

You mean the passenger bus/van ? That position cannot be changed by the 3d editor, it's calculated internally depending on the general location of the exits and the parking size.

I suppose that I have to set "Door with Custom Open/Close checks", but the problem is: what should I enter in "Custom check" line?

An XML expression that check that variable, like in the example in the manual, but with the actual sample name ( L:MyVar ), changed to the actual name used in that airplane.

In manual, stated:
Finding custom variables used by a specific airplane, requires a good knowledge of the FSX SDK.
Hmm, I don't have this knowledge :(

To search for  a custom variable, you might use an hex editor to open the airplane .MDL exterior file, and search for names containing the "door" string, and hopefully you'll come up with meaningful results.

If you don't want to do that, then you don't set it, and use the option to ignore checks. Is there precisely for this reason.

Second thing - JS4100 has cargo door on the left side of fuselage, but on GSX' Customize Aircraft window, all cargo doors are on the right side.

As already discussed many times on the forum, to have cargo loaded on the left, you use the 3d editor to move one of the two EXISTING cargo doors on the right AND rotate it 180 degrees, so the green arrow points on the outside.

Thirdly: JS4100 has own Ramp Manager. This is pop-up window where I can (by mouse clicking on each element) put chocks, connect GPU, put safety pylons, etc. ...and also open aircraft’ doors.

And the question is ? GSX doesn't care and doesn't know HOW you open the doors. When you open a door, the end result is ALWAYS an internal FSX variable, which can be either a standard one, or a custom L: variable. So, either you instruct GSX telling it WHICH variable is used by that door, or you set it to ignore it.

Ps2. Maybe JS4100 & GSX users already have configuration with cargo and service doors checks and could share it?

I searched for it in the sharing area of our forum, but can't find one.