Author Topic: GSX and PMDGJS4100  (Read 13938 times)

Petermuc3

GSX and PMDGJS4100
« on: April 30, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »
Hi,
I think I tried everything what was proposed in this forum, but I still cannot get the JS41 work correctly with GSX. GSX always asks for action exit 2.
There is no exit 2; I tried to change the GSX aircraft data within FSX but eg. if I delete exit 2 completely, it is back when I open the file again.

This is the GSX cfg
[aircraft]
nosegear = 6.65
refueling = 1
absoluteheights = 1

[exit1]
pos = -1.1 4.0 1.3 5.0
code = 1
name = exit 1

[exit2]
remove = 1

[exit3]
pos = -1.05 -2.95 1.0 0.0
code = 1
name = exit 1

[exit4]
pos = -4.0 -10.0 2.5 -5.0
code = 1
name = exit 1

[service1]
flip = 1
code = 3
name = exit 3

[service2]
flip = 4
code = 3
name = exit 3

[cargo1]
remove = 1

[cargo2]
pos = 1.05 -4.1 1.3 0.0
code = 2
name = exit 2
uldcode = AUTO

This is the AES intelliscene file
[Descr]
Type=JS41
[Geom]
Nosegear= 6.65
Door1=-1.1, 4, 1.3, 5
Door3=-1.05,-2.95, 1
Door4=-.9,-6.1, 1.45,-5
Rear= 1.05,-4.1, 1.3

Thanks for the help
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and PMDGJS4100
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:57:35 pm »
There is no exit 2; I tried to change the GSX aircraft data within FSX but eg. if I delete exit 2 completely, it is back when I open the file again.

That the exit2 comes back if you remove the whole entry, it's absolutely normal: removing the entry doesn't mean you remove the exit, it means you are not customizing it so, GSX will re-read it again from the aircraft.cfg file.

That's why GSX has a "remove" command.

I think I tried everything what was proposed in this forum, but I still cannot get the JS41 work correctly with GSX. GSX always asks for action exit 2.

The problem is this, Exit 2 EXISTS in your GSX.CFG file:

Here it is:

[cargo2]
pos = 1.05 -4.1 1.3 0.0
code = 2
name = exit 2
uldcode = AUTO

So, GSX is asking for the cargo 2 exit. It's the CODE that makes GSX identify a door and asking for it, and the name is derived from that code. As you can see, the default name that GSX assigned to it is "exit 2", because it's an "exit with code 2".

The "remove = 1" command on the [Exit2] removed the 2nd passenger door, and it was set by GSX automatically because that door couldn't be found in the aircraft.cfg, but nothing would guarantee that door would have a "code = 2" ( so it will be called "Exit 2" by GSX ) even if it actually existed...

Usually, Exit 2 it's the cargo door, at least on default airplanes. Don't know if the JS41 use default commands for its exits, if it does, if the cargo door opens with Shift+E 2, you should be already ok and if it uses another "Shift+E number" command, it would be enough to change the "code = " to that number.

If, instead, doors on that airplane are opened using custom variables specific to that airplane, you will have to set "code = 0" to IGNORE that door, and services will ignore its status. In this case, we'd better have a look at that airplane, to add it to the internal database, with its custom commands added.

hontzt

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »
So where is exit 2 on the maddog 2010?  I try to open the exit and there is no response from gsx,it just keeps beeping when all exits are open. 

VR
Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »
As I've said in many other threads, there's already a Maddog config file in the sharing area that, according to its author, works well.

luko

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:38:41 pm »
Hi,

I'm refreshing thread...

I have 2 questions about JS4100:

a. boarding/deboarding is beginning, although pax/cargo doors are closed - is it normal?
b. why is necessary set parking brakes to do any GSX's action? Parking chocks (which are enabled with this aircraft) are not sufficient?

Regards,
Lucas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:09:32 am »
a. boarding/deboarding is beginning, although pax/cargo doors are closed - is it normal?

The JS4100 is not an airplane supported by GSX so, I guess you are using a customization file you made, or downloaded from some place. In this case, you and/or the original customization file author, probably set the door to be Ignored, so that's exactly what that option is supposed to do.

b. why is necessary set parking brakes to do any GSX's action? Parking chocks (which are enabled with this aircraft) are not sufficient?

Since the JS4100 is not internally supported by GSX, GSX can't treat it as a special case. GSX has the ability to treat special cases like this, for example the Aerosoft A320 can use the Wheel Chocks instead of the parking brakes, but the ability to customize this is not available in the aircraft configuration editor that is accessible to users.

luko

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 09:14:27 pm »

The JS4100 is not an airplane supported by GSX so, I guess you are using a customization file you made, or downloaded from some place. In this case, you and/or the original customization file author, probably set the door to be Ignored, so that's exactly what that option is supposed to do.

I don't understand what exactly customization file you mean  :-[ I didn't download any files...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:45 pm »
I don't understand what exactly customization file you mean

Maybe you should read the GSX manual then. If an airplane is not internally supported by GSX, you must create a customization file for it using the integrated aircraft configuration editor, or download a file made by someone.

If you don't do this, GSX won't work correctly on an airplane that is not already internally supported.

luko

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 11:08:34 am »
Thank you Umberto - I had to miss that...

Fsxpilot2086

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 07:10:41 pm »
Hi there i have been having the same problem only with the just flight bad 146-200 it keeps telling me, that i have to open exit one and two.

Please help. :)

many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:47 pm »
Hi there i have been having the same problem only with the just flight bad 146-200 it keeps telling me, that i have to open exit one and two

There's no "problem" you are having, that's how GSX works, if an airplane is not internally recognized, you must create a configuration file for it, using the airplane configuration editor included with GSX.

The QW146 has been released later, so GSX supports only the 3 Avro versions, that's why you see the Exit referred as "Exit 2", which is the default assignment for the cargo doors, when there's no GSX configuration at all.

We might add the QW146 to in a future update but, in the mean time, you can make it work with GSX by creating a configuration file for it. About the door's open/closed status detection, you have two choices, depending if the developer used a standard doors variable, or a custom XML expression.

If they used a standard door variable, you can simply select which one ( from 1 to 4 ), using the GSX airplane editor.

If they used a custom variable, you must write an XML expression to check for it, if you know how to do it. But if you can't, the easiest option would be setting GSX to Ignore that door's status, so the service will start right away without waiting for you to open that door.

Of course, all of this is explained in the GSX manual, when the airplane configuration editor is discussed.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 03:11:59 am »
Seems the original query was about the JustFlight 146, not the FlightOne/QualityWings 146.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:43:19 am by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

Fsxpilot2086

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 10:25:37 am »
Ok so how would i go about setting gsx to ignore door status? many thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:42 am »
Seems the original query was about the JustFlight 146, not the FlightOne/QualityWings 146.

Doesn't change anything, my reply would be valid for ANY 3rd party airplane that is not already internally supported by GSX: that's the main point of having an airplane configuration editor in the first place!

If anything, the JF146 is likely easier to configure, because they *usually* ( I say "usually", because I never seen that particular product ) make simpler planes, with not many custom variables, which means it might be using standard doors commands, which are easier to find.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 10:46:35 am »
Ok so how would i go about setting gsx to ignore door status? many thanks.

As I've said in my previous reply, using the GSX airplane editor. The manual discuss it in detail.