Author Topic: Tropicalsim KDCA issues  (Read 5791 times)

B777ER

Tropicalsim KDCA issues
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:12:08 am »
At gate 19, the pushback tug is halfway into the terminal. When called for pushback, it does nothing. As well, most of the GSX equipment is does not look like it is set up correctly for the airport. Do you all plan on making adjustments to so GSX fits the scenery better?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Tropicalsim KDCA issues
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:28 am »
These kind of adjustments will be very easy to do with the upcoming scenery editor. However, a Pushback truck that doesn't start at all when called, usually indicates an error in the AFCAD like orphaned or overlapped nodes, so it's nothing we can fix from GSX.

dickxxx

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:21:49 am »
Why do you feel that GSX needs to be adjusted ?
The way GSX works is that it reads the Tropicalsim/DCA afcad file that comes with the airport. This afcad provides a layout and all other details based on which GSX plans its actions.
If things go wrong my first thought would be that the Afcad therefore has mistakes. You can use  ADE from http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ to check the airport afcad  and make corrections.
Also GSX has options to makes changes to the afcad as explained in the manual. When arriving at the gate and using option 6 you are offered various options. Make sure the pushback direction is not set to none in  this case.
Brgds Dick

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:55:25 pm »
If things go wrong my first thought would be that the Afcad therefore has mistakes. You can use ADE to check the airport afcad and make corrections.

Why do you feel its the customer's responsibility to fix the developer's errors?  Umberto has verified that it isn't a GSX issue, the responsibility now shifts to Tropicalsim.  They took his money, they should support.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

dickxxx

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 04:29:04 pm »
I do not think and never said that this is a GSX issue. My message was directed at B777ER. My starting line was even: Why do you feel that GSX needs to be adjusted ? " and the ADE advice was to B777ER.
I started my message before Virtuali's message was visible, got interrupted and my message then crossed with Virtuali's message and was not a reply to Virtuali.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »
I have to add that, another reason why the Pushback doesn't start, is the AFCAD has set the Pushback preference to "None", and GSX obviously respects that, because there might be real world constrains and reasons why one scenery designer didn't want Pushback on a scenery (if there was "no preference" between left or right, the correct choice should be "Both" ), and GSX can't obviously decide on its own if a parking is set in a specific way intentionally, or by mistake.

Of course, using the "Customize parking position" option in GSX, you can override the Pushback preference of the AFCAD, without having to edit the scenery AFCAD.

B777ER

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »
Simple as deselecting none. Cool
Eric