Author Topic: Is it Posible We Can Have WingMan In GSX???  (Read 6628 times)

ahiko

Is it Posible We Can Have WingMan In GSX???
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:43:39 am »
Hello FSdreamteam,

We would like to  see some more great thing in FSX with the GSX

WINGMAN can we pleasee have WINGMAN in GSX? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8, Mainboard:ASUS P6TD Deluxe LGA 1366, Memory: 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

Crashdive

Re: Is it Posible We Can Have WingMan In GSX???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:16 am »
Hello FSdreamteam,

We would like to  see some more great thing in FSX with the GSX

WINGMAN can we pleasee have WINGMAN in GSX? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wingman for what exactly? To monitor your boarding/unboarding procedures?
What are you talking about?

dickxxx

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:10:54 am »
A wingman has nothing to do with boarding procedures but walks with the aircraft during push back near the wingstip(s) to make sure there is enough clearance. A pushback crew normally consists of a tug driver and an engineer and depending on location/operating procedures with one or two wingwalkers.
b rdgs Dick
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:24:56 am by dickxxx »

TuiflyX3

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:51 am »
we already have one? and there is always only one guy who is walking with the aircraft

dickxxx

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:01:03 pm »
The guy you see walking is the engineer. The push back is always supervised by a qualified engineer overseeing the process. Either the engineer walks at a position where he has a good view of the wing provided that he stays in visual contact with the crew or he stays in contact with the crew by means of a headset which is plugged in somewhere in the nosewheelbay. In this case he has to stay close to the aircraft. For what I observed the latter is most common. In the GSX case we do hear voice communication so at least part of the time the engineer needs to have his headset connected. I do not know what Virtuali had in mind when setting up things as they are nor do I know if an additional person is technically possible and/or the consequences for the framerates. Either way I think the way as it is now is nice compromise between the 2 options. rgds Dick

boilerbill

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »
I was about to write in requesting something similar. During each of my flights the last two years, there have been true wingwalkers for each wing. There is one that walks along with the left wingtip, and a separate one for the right wingtip. Each one pulls out the chocks for the main gear on their side and then assumes a position a few feet outward from their wingtip. They usually have an orange lighted baton that they hold upward at shoulder height as they walk with the aircraft. At some very busy airports with congested parking, another person often "guards" the tail of the aircraft. I saw this at KLAX as very large aircraft were moved in the tight spaces at the International Terminal.

Combinations
  • 3 people (tug driver + 2 wingwalkers)
    shown in this video at KORD:
  • 4 people (tug driver + additional person at front + 2 wingwalkers)
    shown in this video at KMIA:
  • 5 people (tug driver + additional person at front + 2 wingwalkers + additional walker at the rear)
    couldn't find a video example
  • 5 people (tug driver + 2 additional people at front + 2 wingwalkers)
    shown, along with the famous "Narita bow" in this video:

Since the animations are pretty much complete, it might not be difficult to add more or reposition them. Perhaps the particular number and position could be set for each airport, or even each gate.

On an entirely different note, you might want to correct a small spelling error. Currently we are told to Remeber to operate the jetway for boarding. (The spelling of "remember" is correct for the deboarding process.) It should be easy enough to correct in the next update.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:13:21 pm by boilerbill »
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

B777ER

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 06:02:30 am »
Delta at Atlanta always have 4 people for aircraft leaving and 3 on arrival. Two are always standing blacking vehicle traffic from passing behind/in front of the plane. One more is guiding it in to the stand on arrival. On departure in addition to the two blocking vehicle traffic, one is driving the tug and another walking with it.
Eric

boilerbill

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »
While looking through YouTube videos of pushbacks (there are more than I ever thought I'd find), I saw a wide variety of systems in use. There were even some in which the tug driver was solely responsible for watching the entire area during the pushback at fairly busy terminals! I'm pretty certain that FSDT can't implement every possible combination of ground crew, but it would be nice if there were a few options. As I said in my earlier note, I'm most interested in seeing separate walkers beside each wing. That would be enough to satisfy me. But I'm a newcomer around here. As I read more of the forum threads to get an idea of how GSX has developed, I see that FSDT is committed to making it as comprehensive as possible. So who knows where this might lead?
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

boilerbill

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 06:45:56 pm »
I notice that the guru (Virtuali) has not said anything about this topic. Is that a bad sign? What do you think, Umberto? Is there any possibility any of the ideas discussed here could be added into some future update?
Stu

marvic

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:50:48 pm »
I notice that the guru (Virtuali) has not said anything about this topic. Is that a bad sign? What do you think, Umberto? Is there any possibility any of the ideas discussed here could be added into some future update?
Pure speculation here but, maybe we are as far as we will get with all the requests without having to pay more. It's a thought that crossed my mind. Software development is definitely NOT free.
Anyway, my two cents.
Cheers, Marvic.

StevenK

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 08:21:56 pm »
Pure speculation here but, maybe we are as far as we will get with all the requests without having to pay more. It's a thought that crossed my mind. Software development is definitely NOT free.
Anyway, my two cents.

I have to disagree
As you can see by this post, you can see that the software IS still been developed.
Although it is slow progress is still been made.
Not all requests are placed in due to the back end of the coding/programming would take too long.
Features and tweaks are still been added.
Only 2 days ago i asked if we could customise the speed of the follow me truck and Umberto's reply was that it will be implemented at some point...

Another thing you have to remember is that FSDT isnt a big company like aerosoft, pmdg or justflight where they have more than 5 programmers.
FSDT is a small number of programmers that are doing a great job.

Progress is slow but like the saying goes ""Good things come to those who wait""

Just my two cents :)
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors