Author Topic: GSX and LAX problems...  (Read 3051 times)

Christian M

GSX and LAX problems...
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:00:10 am »
Hi, I have installed GSX about a week ago, and recently I have been getting a message saying about a "debugger" on my computer, now I know you guys have said you fixed it, but I still get the message. I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX, and restarted my computer, but the message still shows up. Another problem I have been having with GSX is that service vehicles will not show up, I bought and activated GSX, and press the hotkey CRTL+F12 but it only works on the big planes, and not all service vehicles show up. I also don't get a GSX menu bar.

Also, I have LAX v2 and just recently, the buildings have disappeared (also with flightbeam KSFO-X). Can anyone help with these problems?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and LAX problems...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:09:25 am »
I confirm the problem is fixed. If you are still getting that message, it's because something like the antivirus is blocking the download of the updated version, so you are stuck with the previous one.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Christian M

Re: GSX and LAX problems...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:37:19 pm »
Okay, thank you!