Author Topic: Couatl program needed?  (Read 4293 times)

Martyjr

Couatl program needed?
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
I have KLAX and also installed was Couatl.

I do not know why I have it running and I keep getting "on-line" updates for it when I start my FSX flights?

Do I need to keep this Couatl on my PC?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl program needed?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »
I have KLAX and also installed was Couatl.

That's normal, since KLAX won't work without it.

I do not know why I have it running and I keep getting "on-line" updates for it when I start my FSX flights?

You are not getting online updates every time you start FSX, you are getting online updates *notification* ONLY if we release one and ONLY if you don't apply it OR don't select the option to ignore it.

The option to ignore it will make that notification stops, until the next update is released.

Do I need to keep this Couatl on my PC?

Obviously yes because, as I've said, neither KLAX nor any other FSDT product will run without it, if there wasn't a need for it, we wouldn't installed it in the first place so, you can assume that, if we installed it, is required.

If you problem are the online notifications, as I've already explained, it's easy enough to ignore them so it won't notify it anymore, until the *next* update is released.

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 03:35:06 pm »
Thank you for replies.

"That's normal, since KLAX won't work without it."

What does it do for KLAX scenery?

Does all other FSDT scenery use it?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »
What does it do for KLAX scenery?

It does basically everything. Just try terminate it from the Task Manager, and all the scenery will disappear.

Does all other FSDT scenery use it?

All our products use it and won't work without it.

If the meaning of your question was really about the update notifications, there's an option to ignore them so you won't be asked each time you start FSX.

Martyjr

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »
My "meaning" was just one of learning .. to get a better understanding of what the program (Couatl) is doing and what is being updated on-line.

In other words, are KLAX scenery updates (problem fixes, for example) a different update from updates to the Couatl program itself.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »
In other words, are KLAX scenery updates (problem fixes, for example) a different update from updates to the Couatl program itself.

It's hard to draw a difference, since they two won't work without each other.

Sometimes a "scenery" update will require updating the .BGL file but lots of KLAX it's outside of the .BGL files, and some features of it are part of the Couatl code and, of course, if something is related to GSX, which has replaced the previous ParkMe at all our sceneries and it's free to use there, it's entirely dependent on it and an update will be needed.