Author Topic: Missing textures  (Read 14391 times)

rjtopgun

Missing textures
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:44:01 pm »
Can any 1 help me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing textures
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »
Missing texture or part of objects has been discussed several times on the forum, and it's usually caused by a setting or a tweak in your FSX.CFG file which shouldn't be applied.

If you remove (or move to a different folder) the FSX.CFG located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, FSX will recreate a new one with al default settings, possibly fixing the problem.

utd4life

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »
Missing texture or part of objects has been discussed several times on the forum, and it's usually caused by a setting or a tweak in your FSX.CFG file which shouldn't be applied.

If you remove (or move to a different folder) the FSX.CFG located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, FSX will recreate a new one with al default settings, possibly fixing the problem.

This isn't a good enough answer, that it might 'possibly fix the problem'. It takes people along time to tweak their cfg to get fsx to run/look good. It should be YOU fixing this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:12 am »
This isn't a good enough answer, that it might 'possibly fix the problem'. It takes people along time to tweak their cfg to get fsx to run/look good. It should be YOU fixing this.

That's obviously wrong: there's nothing we should "fix", since there's nothing wrong with the objects, and what CAUSED the problem in the first place, is exactly some of the tweaks you applied.

Many of the tweaks found online are undocumented, which means nobody knows for *sure* if they work correctly and, if they work correctly on ALL systems and all drivers.

The only thing sure, is that with a clean FSX.CFG file, this doesn't happen so, it's clearly not a GSX problem.

Of course, this doesn't mean you can tweak your FSX.CFG, because you obviously can, but you should probably test each setting, especially the undocumented ones, and just not use what doesn't work with your system.

If you don't see problems with other scenery, that doesn't mean it's a GSX problem either, since not all scenery objects use all graphic features available with FSX more advanced materials, and these might be more sensitive to a wrong tweak, or a tweak whose side effects are not known, because not many products use FSX graphic features entirely.

rjtopgun

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »
Got rid of the fsx cfg didn't work as you can see from the picture
any other idea's

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:29:31 pm »

Try to reset your video card control panel to default settings and/or update it. Check specifically you don't have the Transparency Antialiasing ( also called Adaptive Antialiasing ) option on.

utd4life

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

Try to reset your video card control panel to default settings and/or update it. Check specifically you don't have the Transparency Antialiasing ( also called Adaptive Antialiasing ) option on.

I have to have this on to make other textures appear good such as the textures in the NGX VC

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »
I have to have this on to make other textures appear good such as the textures in the NGX VC

Adaptive antialiasing doesn't have any effect the texture quality of a VC, except that it might slow it down. The main quality setting for a VC is the overall texture size and the anisotropic filter.

utd4life

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:38 pm »

Adaptive antialiasing doesn't have any effect the texture quality of a VC, except that it might slow it down. The main quality setting for a VC is the overall texture size and the anisotropic filter.

I found that it helped to reduce shimmering on cockpit displays.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:01 pm »
I found that it helped to reduce shimmering on cockpit displays

You might get the same result by selecting one of the different standard Antialiasing modes, and have the Adaptive mode turned off.

In any case, it's not that you have much choice: Adaptive Antialiasing makes parts of scenery objects that use certain materials to disappear. It's surely an FSX bug but, since it's not likely it will ever be fixed, if you don't want to lose part of the scenery, you have to keep it off.

utd4life

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »
I am still having this problem and I have tried your suggestions.  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 03:18:45 pm »
I'm sorry, but other than confirming it's surely a video problem, and other people that has similar issues fixed them by resetting the fsx.cfg file to default or turning off adaptive antialiasing, there's not much more to say.

Another user had this, and fixed it by reinstalling FSX itself.

utd4life

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »
I might also add that I didn't have this problem before the recent installment of the GSX update.  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 03:35:31 pm »
I might also add that I didn't have this problem before the recent installment of the GSX update.  >:(

Nothing in the update related in any way to the textures or materials, we just added a few more liveries, but if they had any problem, you would only see the affected object painted in black, not disappearing.

PresEVAIR

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »
Is there something in the Manager that lets you set the draw distance for FSDT Sceneries? My problem is when I load at a FSDT Scenery Textures are missing. When I slew to the blank spots the textures draw and then stay. I have been all through this forum and have tried all the fix's listed to no avail. Also show no Errors in Log. Everything loads okay no issue there.