Author Topic: Deboarding sequence won't complete. Unable to proceed!  (Read 11556 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Deboarding sequence won't complete. Unable to proceed!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »
As I've said, in order to fix the problem, we must be able to replicate so, being able to replicate it now, we already fixed it, and it will be released as a Live Update, together with other issues.

The key to find it was moving from the center of the parking (or just not parked correctly), combined with a small parking, which is barely able to handle that aircraft.

crauds

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 02:55:01 pm »
As I mentioned in my other string, I have been testing using now the default FSX B737-800wl and NOT moving the aircraft.  I have let it SPAWN at the parking gate or free stand and I still get the same results.  But I think you are on to something.  The program before the major upgrade must have polled some internal variable to verify that the REAR (since that is all we had in that version) had completed its baggage handling.  It then sent a text message that "baggage loading/unloaded completed" even though the deboarding or boarding process was still ongoing.  When THAT process ended it confirmed with the "boarding/deboarding completed" message.  Now with 2 baggage loaders you have introduced several different sets of scenarios:  1. Front loader completes first but still passengers in progress; 2. Rear loader completes first, passengers still in progress; 3. passenger process completes first, front loader still in progress; or 4.  passenger process completes first, rear loader still in process.  I seem to be getting stuck with scenario #1.  It could be that I usually use a pretty full payload so it takes much longer for passenger progress so ALWAYS baggage handling is finishing first, but program is acknowleging the completion of the FRONT loader but is failing to detect completion of the REAR loader. 

My problem with your current theory/solution is that I have verified that since I am spawning the aircraft for my tests, the aircraft is always sitting DEAD CENTER on the footprint based on the current AFCAD I am using for that airport.  I DO NOT move it nor is it position off-center or askew of the AFCAD footprint.  But I still am having the same problem described above.

I do hope that whatever you did in the forthcoming live update fixes it for me too but based on my tests since last we communicated I am having my doubts that that is the complete issue.  It is definitely related to the rear loader but I think somehow the variable that is being polled to indicate completion is inadvertantly being reset after it has indicated the first loader completed and thus still showing in progress instead of completed for the rear loader.  OTHERWISE the same issue would have been present in the original version since we were using the same parking places and a REAR LOADER. 

Something is now different in v1.3 in the way you determine when baggage handling has completed.  It is that determination that is somehow being misinterpretted by the program.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »
My problem with your current theory/solution is that I have verified that since I am spawning the aircraft for my tests, the aircraft is always sitting DEAD CENTER on the footprint based on the current AFCAD I am using for that airport.  I DO NOT move it nor is it position off-center or askew of the AFCAD footprint.  But I still am having the same problem described above.

Moving the airplane or parking off center it's just one way to trigger the problem. It doesn't matter *how* you end up in that situation but, as long as the airplane rear door is in a position that will result the rear loader ending outside the parking BEFORE it has *really* completed loading/unloading, the problem will happen.

I think somehow the variable that is being polled to indicate completion is inadvertantly being reset after it has indicated the first loader completed and thus still showing in progress instead of completed for the rear loader.  OTHERWISE the same issue would have been present in the original version since we were using the same parking places and a REAR LOADER. 

It's not. There's no "polling" involved, GSX uses a far more modern method of programming, based on messaging, and I've already explained what the problem was: when the rear loader said "I'm outside of the parking", there was nobody expecting that message, because nobody was expecting it would be out of the parking before the finishing its job.

crauds

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:11 pm »
Thank you, Umberto, for your patience, diligence, and clarification.  I will await the live update with hopeful expectation.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64