Author Topic: Green message banner  (Read 5435 times)

utd4life

Green message banner
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:10:52 am »
Hey guys,

I checked the manual but couldn't find any information on this.

Is there a way to disable the green message banner that appears at the stop of the screen giving various commands from GSX?

Kind Regards,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Green message banner
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:36:16 am »
No, there isn't. It has been already asked, so we might take it into consideration for a future update.

UAL941

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »
Any update on this? Because the messages are pretty annoying after some flights with GSX. Same with the sounds that pop up at the same time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »
It's still under consideration, when it's done, you'll get notification of it with the Live update so, there's no risk you'll miss it.

KingCat

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:08 am »
Same with the sounds that pop up at the same time

You can adjust/silence the sounds yourself with a .WAV-editor, so you don't hear them anymore. I also find the boarding sounds annoying after a while, so I use the boarding sound files from AES and it works wonderfully together (just a bit of renaming and silencing here and there and you're done  ;D).

Jon

UAL941

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »
Jon already done so  ;D but still those msg are pretty annoying. I´m still trying to figure out the best way to combine those two products to use it at the same time. Any suggestion?

It's still under consideration, when it's done, you'll get notification of it with the Live update so, there's no risk you'll miss it.

That would be highly and much appreciated!  :)

KingCat

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »
I use AES for the jetway movement and pushback, and I use the cateringvehicles, fuelvehicle, bagageloaders and stairs from GSX.

The only problem that you can run into, is having double stairs (from AES and GSX) when you're parked at a parkingspot that has no jetways. Because you can't disable the front exits in AES (otherwise the jetway(s) don't move), you're going to end up with stairs from AES and GSX. You can disable the stairs in GSX, but that results in not having the stairs with the groundhandler logo. But that's just a personal preference. If you don't care about the logo, you can just disable the stairs in GSX and use the stairs from AES.

Jon

markus-fh

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:45 am »
I have found for me, this solution!
When the green message will appear, I'll right click on it and select the second menu point (in german "Fenster loesen"), then i move the banner at any place on my second monitor and
all messages are now on the second screen and i have a clear view  ;D
After push-back, you can close the window, have not seen any FPS-Drops with that method!!

Greetings from germany
Markus