Author Topic: GSX Not Working AT ALL- HELP ASAP PLEASE!! **solved = antivirus**  (Read 18922 times)

nath-osc

I recently updated GSX and when i tried to use FSX and GSX, nothing appeared and upon checking the program was still installed found it was not  ???
Aiuto!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:58:56 pm by virtuali »

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
Re: GSX Not Working AT ALL- HELP ASAP PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:03:50 pm »
Try going into the task manager end the coutil process then restart it again you can find it in the FSDreamTeam file inside your fsx directory. That usually works for me when i have a similar issue.

HJEBS

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:11:26 pm »
Same with me. Updated to V1.3 and the only thing that is left in FSX is the Addon manager V2.9.0.1. And the Addon manager says about GSX:  Product installed and ACTIVE. But no response by using Ctrl+F12. Kill the countil-proces: no countil-proces is running. So, anyone with a solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:40 pm »
As explained many other times already: do you have the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu ? If not, try to exit from FSX, be sure there's no Couatl.exe process still running. If it is, terminate it, and if it doesn't start, check the antivirus settings as suggested in countless of other threads (just search for "antivirus")

HJEBS

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »
No Couatl under the "Addons" menu. No Couatl.exe is running. It doesn't start because (I think) there is no couatl.exe. See attachment.
I don't understand. The previous version worked nearly fine. Only the marchallers were not animated. And after this update the only thing that is active is the Addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »
Check the antivirus settings as suggested in countless of other threads (just search for "antivirus")

HJEBS

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 02:52:57 pm »
Well, to switch off Antivirus did the trick. GSX is working again. Next problem is to get the marchaller animated. Now he's just standing and doing nothing. Thanks anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »
Next problem is to get the marchaller animated. Now he's just standing and doing nothing. Thanks anyway.

Not a GSX problem either, you probably have the "Advanced Animations" option not set OR you are just seeing the airplane from too far, and FSX disables all animations after a certain distance to save performances.

HJEBS

Re: GSX Not Working AT ALL- HELP ASAP PLEASE!! **solved = antivirus**
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 05:21:39 pm »
"Advanced Animations" was off. Put it on and YES. Animated people! Thank you so much!

MikeyJS75

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 05:00:00 pm »
i had the same problem, found out it was the freeware FSUIPC v4 or 5 from pete dawsons site, so frustrated as i tried many things to resolve it, then i uninstalled the FSUIPC and BINGO, GSX working again, might bite the bullet n purchase FSUIPC next time  ;D

Pilot 69

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
I NEED HELP WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 05:06:37 pm »
I NEED HELP WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER FOR GSX

Apart for the fact this post doesn't have any relationship with this discussion, I'm fairly sure you'll find your answer in the FAQ page of our site.