Author Topic: Im being serviced by three different airlines?  (Read 4072 times)

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
Im being serviced by three different airlines?
« on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:36 am »
While messing around with the new update I used a 767 and an 747 to test out the ULD's at KLAX and when i did both times I was serviced by American, United (Which i was flying on the 747) and Alaska. Is there a way to fix this?

Also is it possible to set a 3rd cargo door in the GSX.cfg to support bulk cargo doors (the small one next to the one the ULDs go into on the 747 and 767)with a belt loader?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Im being serviced by three different airlines?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42:01 am »
While messing around with the new update I used a 767 and an 747 to test out the ULD's at KLAX and when i did both times I was serviced by American, United (Which i was flying on the 747) and Alaska. Is there a way to fix this?

We need to look at it. It's just that with more airlines and more accurate airport assignments, and more vehicles too (the ones going on the front door) the thing is more noticeable now.

Also is it possible to set a 3rd cargo door in the GSX.cfg to support bulk cargo doors (the small one next to the one the ULDs go into on the 747 and 767)with a belt loader?

Sorry no, and no plans right now to have 3 loaders active. By playing with the GSX.CFG file, you can choose what doors to use and which loader assign to each door, but up to a maximum of two cargo doors.

welchb21

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:02 am »
haha yea i was just trying out the new update also with the quality wings 757 in Allegiant colors,  and when i board or deboard i also noticed that Southwest, Allegiant, Frontier, United were all servicing the airplane, would be nice to have all one airline for the airline your plane is using lol. thanks again hope its an easy fix.Great expansion though thanks alot.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:50:56 am by welchb21 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:21 am »
would be nice to have all one airline for the airline your plane is using lol.

Sorry, but linking the servicing company to the airline of your *airplane*, is not right, just because I'm an Alitalia airplane, I wouldn't expect having an Alitalia crew and vehicles servicing the airplane when I land at KJFK...

Instead, the correct way is what GSX does, which selects handlers depending on the parking code.

The ULD containers, instead, ARE linked to the airline of your own airplane but, it requires the aircraft.cfg to contain the airline ICAO code in its atc_parking_codes parameter to work, otherwise the selection will fall back to the parking/airport.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:44:24 pm by virtuali »

welchb21

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 06:15:24 pm »
ok thank you for the response, thats pretty neat and the aircraft i was using was the quality wings 757 in Allegiant colors, and the configure file did have the AAY code for parking, i just wasnt sure why i was getting so many different airline vehicles working on it, i figured if i was Parked at an Allegiant parking that the stair cases, baggage, conveyor belts, etc. would be in Allegiant colors, but if thats not the case no big deal just wanted to check. thanks again for any info i love your product and look forward to cargo ops, also i highly recommend this product to any one that uses FSX.