Author Topic: No ULD's for the PMDG NGX?!  (Read 4078 times)

XCLTM3

No ULD's for the PMDG NGX?!
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
No ULD's for the NGX?! Somebody tell me this isn't so?! I'd love to see that in this update! Can't believe the Airbus A320, 319 have ULD's but not the B738?!

Love the updates Umberto! So, this is what you've been quietly doing in the background, eh?

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

eastern

Re: No ULD's for the PMDG NGX?!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:14 pm »
Boeing 737’s do not use universal loading devices. The cargo doors are much too small compared to an Airbus. The Airbus A-319 through A-231 does have an option for ULD depending on the carrier and option ordered. Maybe when the 737 Max get introduced Boeing might install the larger door similar to the Airbus or Boeing 757. I hope this helps ;)

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »
Boeing 737’s do not use universal loading devices. The cargo doors are much too small compared to an Airbus. The Airbus A-319 through A-231 does have an option for ULD depending on the carrier and option ordered. Maybe when the 737 Max get introduced Boeing might install the larger door similar to the Airbus or Boeing 757. I hope this helps ;)

Thx for the clarification Eastern.......I knew Umberto was not being discriminative....just surprises me that Boeing didn't address that issue with the 73's.

Rgds,
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

eastern

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »
I agree, Boeing I believe was trying to save money when they re-modified the 737 next generations based on the 100 through 500 series. The B-737 is much more expensive then the Airbus and you would think the airlines would have asked for the larger door. The containers used on the B-727 and narrow body Airbus’s use the same type of ULD. I do know Boeing did make a cargo door modification to the 767 series. They introduced a larger forward cargo door by request of the carriers to facilitate boards or PMC’s helping the carriers to maximize cargo revenue.  With PMDG you are paying for accuracy so we will have to wait for the new B-737 Max to see if the modification has been done by Boeing allowing the FSX designers to model the new aircraft. The funny thing is the B-737-800 and 900 have a nesting system inside the cargo hold that would allow for the introduction of ULD go figure.
Happy flying,
Rob