Author Topic: GSX, and cargo handeling  (Read 12192 times)

LISMICK 246

GSX, and cargo handeling
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:59:17 am »
hi and a big thank you for a truly great G.S.X, i believe you are out in front and running, with this product,
but what would realy set you apart from the competition, YOU KNOW WHO eh, is the ability to handle cargo ground services, nobody has done this yet, and there are thousands of cargo dogs, who would just love this if you can pull it off, are there any plans?  is it something you view as possible? i also believe this is something the competition will be looking at to win back the lead, that i think you have taken,

my thanks and regards to the dream team
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX, and cargo handeling
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:07 am »
We are doing two things related to Cargo ops:

- Pallet loaders for baggages, which will appear as a free update quite soon.

- Real Cargo operation, which is something we are planning right now, with things to do related to cargo, that will be a new product based on GSX

fipsi

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:05:00 pm »
that will be a new product based on GSX

Does that mean we'll have to pay for this then?

How do you sort your updates as free and when is there a charge? In other words, on what level of work requirement do you set an update as payware? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:55 pm »
Does that mean we'll have to pay for this then?

Real cargo operations ? It would be entirely new product, not just "supporting cargo airplanes in GSX" which WILL be free and will come as an update.

How do you sort your updates as free and when is there a charge? In other words, on what level of work requirement do you set an update as payware? 

When we'll announce what we are thinking for cargo *operations*, you'll understand why it's a entirely new product.

Hueyoneil

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 03:16:36 pm »
With the PMDG 777X that has just been released what is the progress on GSX "Cargo." I love your products and would definately be interested in this next addition to GSX. Thanks  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »
Nothing has changed about a complete Cargo operation expansion product, which was the original question.

However, since last year we HAVE added support for cargo loading from the left so, as discussed in another thread, we only need to add a loader that can reach the 777 main cargo door, and that can be done without waiting for a full blown cargo operation product.

Hueyoneil

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 05:37:40 am »
Thanks for your response. Looking forward to that update.

You guys are the best  :)

Regards,
Huey

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:35 am »
One request, that we can set in the config what type of textures to spawn. For example if I'm flying Southern Air or AeroLogic 777's, I am most likely moving DHL freight. So I'd like to be able to set an option in the config file where the cargo loaders are unloading Lufthansa or DHL for example for AeroLogic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:34:14 am »
For example if I'm flying Southern Air or AeroLogic 777's, I am most likely moving DHL freight. So I'd like to be able to set an option in the config file where the cargo loaders are unloading Lufthansa or DHL for example for AeroLogic.

GSX already supports that. From GSX manual, Page 37:

If your airplane.cfg includes the ICAO code of your airline in the atc_parking_ codes parameter, this will take precedence over any other selection method. It’s assumed you will preferably load containers with the airline logo of the airplane.

If your airplane doesn't have an atc_parking_codes parameter in its aircraft.cfg file, the selection will be made per airport, using the same selection methods as the handling vehicles. In this case, it might happen you will load containers with a logo on departure, and a different one when unloading on arrival. This is normal, and can’t be prevented if your airplane.cfg doesn't have the airline code set.

McDaniel

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:06 pm »
We are doing two things related to Cargo ops:

- Pallet loaders for baggages, which will appear as a free update quite soon.

- Real Cargo operation, which is something we are planning right now, with things to do related to cargo, that will be a new product based on GSX

Sounds great, I cant wait to hear more about that product :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »
Hey guys im having real trouble setting up the config on my t7 from pmdg so that the containers are of the same airline as the aircraft im flying? can anyone help me please?

This has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's on the GSX manual too, Page 37:

If your airplane.cfg includes the ICAO code of your airline in the atc_parking_ codes parameter, this will take precedence over any other selection method. It’s assumed you will preferably load containers with the airline logo of the airplane.

FLO

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:28 pm »
Can someone tell me when the entirely new product (which will be separate from GSX) comes out which is called 'Real Cargo Operations'. I read on forum about it. There was a lot of discussion going on about it. But unfortunately I lost a track of how this product is moving on and progressing. It would be great to know if this project is still going on and if yes when it planning to come out
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:58:38 am by virtuali »

mdrinkle

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 04:52:58 am »
For example if I'm flying Southern Air or AeroLogic 777's, I am most likely moving DHL freight. So I'd like to be able to set an option in the config file where the cargo loaders are unloading Lufthansa or DHL for example for AeroLogic.

GSX already supports that. From GSX manual, Page 37:

If your airplane doesn't have an atc_parking_codes parameter in its aircraft.cfg file, the selection will be made per airport, using the same selection methods as the handling vehicles. In this case, it might happen you will load containers with a logo on departure, and a different one when unloading on arrival. This is normal, and can’t be prevented if your airplane.cfg doesn't have the airline code set.

Hoping you will come out with service vehicles that are in the 2 big cargo companies FedEx and UPS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 09:58:54 am »
Can someone tell me when the entirely new product (which will be separate from GSX) comes out which is called 'Real Cargo Operations'. I read on forum about it.

We don't have anything to announce at this time. When we will, you can be sure it will be very easy to find.