Author Topic: Wing walker legs not working  (Read 4894 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Wing walker legs not working
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:28:40 am »
Tonight I flew into KMEM (BluePrint) and when I was getting pushed back the wing walkers legs didn't work. He moved in the correct direction but he just floated across the ground with his legs stuck down. I've seen this a few times before, but sometimes it seems that it can come and go prior to or after an update.

I didn't reset my position since I was already 1/2 way puched back before i noticed so I am not sure if that would have helped.

B777ER

Re: Wing walker legs not working
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:39 am »
I have seen it as well.
Eric

welchb21

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:01:58 am »
me also but it usually only does that if i try and do a second flight after landing, when i call for pushback he then just "glides" along beside the aircraft. but as long as i close out and restart it works fine.

Guenseli

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:04:51 am »
Same problem here from time to time, but unfortunately I can't reproduce it or say why and when it does happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:17 am »
This has already been discussed, and it's an optimization that FSX does to save fps, it will disable all animations after a certain visual distance, if you zoom a bit, the animation will show.

You can also set the SmallPartRejectRadius tweak to 1, but this might affect the fps a bit (if you raised it), so it's probably best to simply not use a too wide zoom setting.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:04 am »
This has already been discussed, and it's an optimization that FSX does to save fps, it will disable all animations after a certain visual distance, if you zoom a bit, the animation will show.

You can also set the SmallPartRejectRadius tweak to 1, but this might affect the fps a bit (if you raised it), so it's probably best to simply not use a too wide zoom setting.

Good to know, however the reason I asked is due to the fact that I keep my zoom in the VC always at .80 and the wing walker is always the same distance from the vc at the same zoom factor. Plus the fact that with the zoom level being the same, I can depart one airport and the legs work fine and then when I depart my next airport the legs will freeze up. I supose that the reason could be it at the airport where the legs are frozen it could just be that the said airport is harder on performance, hence the legs freeze up. It rarely happens and I have even flown trips consisting of 5 or 6 legs the in the same FSX session without exiting the sim and it never happens, while when it happened yesterday it was when I was starting push back at the second airport I was departing.

Thanks for the info Umberto and at least I know its not a bug and is in fact just due to how FSX handles certain situations.