Author Topic: No people animations **SOLVED**  (Read 5543 times)

TSG

No people animations **SOLVED**
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »
Hi there,

I brought GSX a couple of days ago, and have really enjoyed using it. However, there's just one aspect of it which seems to not function, despite several attempts to reinstall GSX. Its the fact that the people seem to be missing their animations. Here's just a few examples of this

• When I taxi in, the marshaller just stands there, and doesn't do any of his motions.
  • When the bags are being loaded or unloaded, there's nobody at the end of the conveyor - the bags "levitate" from the conveyor belt to the baggage cart and vica versa.
  • When using the catering service, the food carts mysteriously roll in and out of the aircraft by themself, with nobody pushing it.
  • When being pushed back, the wingwalker moon walks (slides) his way along the ground the entire time, with his arms never moving from by his sides
Now don't get me wrong, it's not an issue with the actual presence of the people, as they ARE there: The baggage guy just sits in the conveyor belt thing, the catering guys can just about be seen standing inside the catering truck doing nothing, and the marshaller just stands there (batons in hand), with his arms by his side.

Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? GSX is otherwise an amazing product, and to have these seemingly isolated issues is really disappointing.

Many thanks
Josh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:12:18 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: No people animations
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:51:19 pm »
Do you have advanced animations checked in your FSX settings?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Gary

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:37:49 am »
Hi,

When the bags are being loaded or unloaded, there's nobody at the end of the conveyor - the bags "levitate" from the conveyor belt to the baggage cart and vica versa.[/li][/list]

I'm having the same problem. I tyook Georges advice but found no box for advanced animations. I have XP SP2 & FSX.

Thanks
Gary
Retired ATC, corporate pilot, & all around good guy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:43 am »
I'm having the same problem. I tyook Georges advice but found no box for advanced animations. I have XP SP2 & FSX.

The Advanced Animations is surely there in the FSX Graphic settings, check better. Also, if you are looking from far away, there's a built-in FSX optimization that turns off all animation, you simply need to look from a closer distance.

Other things that might cause this problem, are video driver settings and wrong tweaks in your FS.CFG;

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

Gary

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »

The Advanced Animations is surely there in the FSX Graphic settings, check better. Also, if you are looking from far away, there's a built-in FSX optimization that turns off all animation, you simply need to look from a closer distance.

Other things that might cause this problem, are video driver settings and wrong tweaks in your FS.CFG;

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

Thank you for your reply! I am still trying to rebuild from a HD crash from last week. Before the crash GSX worked great, so I'm working with a very new FSX configuration. I'll give it a go when I get home.
Gary

Gary

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:25 pm »

FIXED!!  It was either the himem fix or the animations check box. I did both changes in the config file at the same time and have no desire to go further. Thank you both!  :)
Gary