Author Topic: active runway  (Read 6376 times)

fls

active runway
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:45:45 pm »
I thought we would have an option to take us to the FSX active runway for take off.

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: active runway
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:43:50 am »
You mean a Follow Me to the runway. There isn't, but it's under consideration for future updates.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:25:28 pm »
Do we really need a follow me to the active?  Unless you have traffic shut off, it will just end up under an AI aircraft.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

mseiwald

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »
And is very unrealistic too. In all the years i have been flying till now i never ever have seen a aircraft taxiing behind a follow me car to the active runway in Real Life europe ;) read your charts then you won't need a follow me to the runway.

Timonier

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:45:17 pm »
And is very unrealistic too. In all the years i have been flying till now i never ever have seen a aircraft taxiing behind a follow me car to the active runway in Real Life europe ;) read your charts then you won't need a follow me to the runway.

Totally agree with that. Completely unrealistic indeed.

Marc

fls

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »
Lets consider those who are so so flyier not the PDMG OR OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TAKE A COURSE JUST TO FLY AN PLANE. IS IT FOR ALL OF US OR NONE OF US BESIDES MY B757 COLLECTION SPINS AROUND & AROUND THE HARDER YOU MAKE THINGS THE MORE PEOPLE WILL SWITCH TO MICROSOFT FLIGHT. AFTER ALL IT IS JUST AN OPTION BESIDES YOU IT IS ALSO UNREALTIC TO HAVE MENU TO CALL FOR GROUND SERVICES ANY WAY READ YOUR CHARTS TO PARK TOO SO SO.

FRANK

Pooch

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »
And is very unrealistic too. In all the years i have been flying till now i never ever have seen a aircraft taxiing behind a follow me car to the active runway in Real Life europe Wink read your charts then you won't need a follow me to the runway.

Not so unrealistic:
At least in Europe there are airports without SMR (Surface Movement Radar) that impose under LVP (Low Visibility Procedure) the use of follow-me car on departure, especially where Air Traffic Controllers do not have the complete airport manouvering area in sight.
Peter

mseiwald

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »
As i said...i never had it....also not during LVP. I didn't say it never happens but it is very unusual. I'm flying since 8 years now and never have seen it. Bigger Airports have ground movement Radar nowadays and on smaller ones with 1 taxiway only you really don't Need a follow me to show you the way to the active.

I'm pretty sure that people that are requesting this feature here just don't want to use charts ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:21:17 pm by mseiwald »

johndrago

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:57 pm »
I thought we would have an option to take us to the FSX active runway for take off.

Frank

you can always use the built-in FSX progressive taxi.

pete_auau

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »
Lets consider those who are so so flyier not the PDMG OR OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANT TO TAKE A COURSE JUST TO FLY AN PLANE. IS IT FOR ALL OF US OR NONE OF US BESIDES MY B757 COLLECTION SPINS AROUND & AROUND THE HARDER YOU MAKE THINGS THE MORE PEOPLE WILL SWITCH TO MICROSOFT FLIGHT. AFTER ALL IT IS JUST AN OPTION BESIDES YOU IT IS ALSO UNREALTIC TO HAVE MENU TO CALL FOR GROUND SERVICES ANY WAY READ YOUR CHARTS TO PARK TOO SO SO.

FRANK
no need to  shout  in here  we  all can  read, since  whats switching  to  microsoft  flight  got  to  do with taxing  to the  rwy, all u need  to  do  is  use the  atc    to ask  for  the  active  rwy to take  off,  write  down the  taxi  way  numbers  etc  than   as  you taxi  out  look  for the taxi way  signs  that are  marked   quite  easy to  follow,  just a matter  of  using  your  eyes  and  looking  out  for  them quite  easy  to follow
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:03:42 pm by pete_auau »