Author Topic: After landing How can I choose the gate I want?  (Read 9332 times)

Doomun Lee

After landing How can I choose the gate I want?
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:10:57 pm »
After landing, hit CTRL + F12 and I get menu.

Then I have to choose a gate I want. But which one is whitch one?

See picture.

I want go there, But I don't know the name of the gate.

according the real parking chart, the gate is maybe EAST APRON SPOT 16.

But In FSX, there is no words like APRON or SPOT.

So I have to choose like GATE A, GATE B, GATE C and then choose GATE 1, GATE 2 or GATE 3

What can I do?

(Sorry my English. )
http://dcimg1.dcinside.com/viewimage.php?id=flyingsimul&no=29bcc427b78477a16fb3dab004c86b6f796a88214a125544af0ae5c63e5add220967c65ce9d0204986b242c94cb4eb87deb1178e428ee4adea83bf6d8c28d0bbe72e7f9ed8e14a2bb7&f_no=2abcc423a5c13daa6bbcc2fb1cc123

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:38:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After landing How can I choose the gate I want?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »
GSX doesn't change how your airport is named. As you have noted, FSX has limitations in the names that can be used, so all default airports and 3rd party airports have to compromises to fit the real world definition to the FSX implementation.

We fixed this, but only for our airports, see for example JFK or KLAX, have more descriptive terminal names, but it can only be done for airport when there's a specific customization, like all the FSDT ones.

For any other airport, what you see in GSX is exactly the same that you would have seen in the defautl "Go To Airport" menu so, the problem of having to relate it to the real world names would be exactly the same with GSX as that with FSX alone.

tf51d

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:44:32 pm »
If you fly a flightplan with default ATC (and I think it also does this with PFE, not Radar Contact though) It will assign you a gate, which will be free. If you setup your aircraft with the correct parking codes, and the AFCAD is setup, it will be a gate for that airline. Then just use the CTRL-F12 menu to select the same gate. You can use either the follow me car, ATC's progressive taxi, or you can try to navigate there yourself. When you reach the gate, the GSX equipment and Marshaller will be there waiting for you!! 

Doomun Lee

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »
If you fly a flightplan with default ATC (and I think it also does this with PFE, not Radar Contact though) It will assign you a gate, which will be free. If you setup your aircraft with the correct parking codes, and the AFCAD is setup, it will be a gate for that airline. Then just use the CTRL-F12 menu to select the same gate. You can use either the follow me car, ATC's progressive taxi, or you can try to navigate there yourself. When you reach the gate, the GSX equipment and Marshaller will be there waiting for you!! 

(Sorry my English)

Thank you. But most time I don't use the ATC of FSX. I most use VATSIM ATC.

So the tower or ground users radio to me that go where via taxi way blah-blah-blah.

So I have to know the name of gate which I am seeing now in front me   to use GSX parking service.

ex) ground: taxi to spot 20 via papa, wisky blah blah.

me: yes sir!

then I taxi on the papa and wisky and... I find the gate. the gate is goal.  And I have to know the name of it to use GSX parking service!!!!

tf51d

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:24:02 pm »
How did you do it before GSX?

Doomun Lee

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:24:14 am »
How did you do it before GSX?

Before GSX?

VATSIM ground:  taxti to spot 22   via A,B,C

me: Roger.

And I did read real chart. then I found spot 22. and taxi-ways A,B,C

And I taxi.

And I found the gate which VATSIM ground asked to me.

And there is no parking service, becuase I don't have GSX yet!

But now I have GSX. And I want the parking service of GSX.

To do this, I have to know the name of gate in FSX(GSX) which is related spot 22.

(Sorry my english. but I know heading , speed and ETC. So I can use VATSIM cool !)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:36:28 am by Doomun Lee »

Buffalo9

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:43 am »
I note on my charts, either the aerodrome or parking overview, of which gate/s I prefer and where they are physically located so if I'm directed there I have an idea where to go.
Due to the various naming conventions used in FSX and it's add-ons it can get confusing where to go and how to get there.
I find that most controllers avoid telling you where to park but rather let you pick and they just give you taxing directions. I just assumed that this was normal in case someone connects into your spot as you're taxing  there.

Bob