Author Topic: Some Issues with FSDT DFW with GSX  (Read 11743 times)

mortonrb

Some Issues with FSDT DFW with GSX
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:05:27 am »
I am running some tests at my FSDT airports.   First up is DFW and here is the first problems I encountered.   I am using PMDG 737-700WL.

Start at Parking 7 taxi to E12 and then to Parking 4

1.  Request Left pushback.   It starts pushback, starts turning, then goes straight into building, and goes forward and pushes correctly.

2.  On taxi over to E12, get The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to Restart. Error below
couatl v1.0 (build 1020)
panic log started on Sun Jun 06 18:18:12 2010
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\ParkMe\safedock3.py", line 120, in setSimObject
AssertionError

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
panic log started on Mon Feb 06 19:20:37 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\agnis.py", line 39, in run
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\agnis.py", line 78, in stateStop
NameError: global name 'kSecondsFromStopToOk' is not defined

3.  Continue to taxi over to E12.   No static vehicles shown in the parking area.   Request services and suddenly static objects appear.    Catering trucks drive through static objects.

4.  Pushback and taxi to Parking 4.

Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

mortonrb

Re: Some Issues with FSDT DFW with GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 02:07:10 am »
Sorry did not finish No. 4

Stairs are in the way of making the turn, and the marshall puts me in the grass.

Bill
fsx w/accel Windows 7 x64, 8gb, Radeon 5850.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

mortonrb

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:53:07 am »
Ran update an installed 2.9.0.1 and now have additional problems.

1.  No GSX sounds
2.  Parking 7 to D24
       Do all services at Parking 7
       Taxi over to D24 and shutdown engines
       Activate Services
          All items show complete so unable to deboard, etc

Also tried on KFLL and go same problems as 1 and 2.

Did not have this on prior addon manager version from Feb 4.

Bill
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 06:27:26 pm »
Crash at KDFW is fixed with the new Live update.

mortonrb

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »
Umberto

Thank you.  Ill try it again this evening.
Bill

vadriver

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:20:52 am »
X
Crash at KDFW is fixed with the new Live update.

umberto

a slightly off topic question .. but possibly explained / solved by the KDFW update.

i have since GSX been unable to successfully tweak parking codes in the new afacd using ADE9X without not only losing FSDT customisations but the bulidings - to show in the addon manager KDFW as active but not installed ??

reinstalling fixes the issue, but i miss my tweaks.

i had successfully tweaked KDFW before GSX and have tweaked my other airports post GSX !!

your notes before i try post this latest update would be welcome.
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 10:33:57 am »
i have since GSX been unable to successfully tweak parking codes in the new afacd using ADE9X without not only losing FSDT customisations but the bulidings - to show in the addon manager KDFW as active but not installed ??

If you save your AFCAD with a different name, you will lost the GSX customization, and if you have two duplicates AFCAD for the same airport in the same folder, the scenery will not show.

If the Addon Manager says the scenery is active but not installer, it's because you manually removed the wrong file, not the AFCAD.

The Addon Manager needs to check if a file exist to see if the scenery is *really* installed, otherwise even users without KDFW installed would see bogus "trial KDFW" messages when they fly the KDFW area, but the check is NOT made on the AFCAD, since we know it's modified very often so, you must have modified or removed another of the .BGL files, which is why reinstalling it fixed the problem.

In any case, if you modify the AFCAD and save it with a different name, you will lose our customization, but the airport will still work as a default airport.

If you want to customize an AFCAD, save it with the same name. Reinstalling/Updating GSX or the Addon Manager will restore the original AFCAD IF the one in the scenery folder has been modified BUT, a backup named date-time-.BGL.BAK will be created so you will never lose your tweaks, just copy the backup back to the correct name after reinstalling GSX.

mortonrb

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »
Umberto

Got all my sounds back and did a test at KFLL taxi from cargo to gate ok.    Just did a similar test at KLAS Parking 904 to D33 in CS 767-300.   Got services at 904.   Taxied to D33 parked, engines off.  It tells me no services are available.    Do I need to reinstall all airports and then GSX again?

Thanks
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 12:38:28 pm »
  Do I need to reinstall all airports and then GSX again?

There's no need to reinstall any scenery, since the GSX installer automatically downloads the latest AFCAD for them, just be sure either GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager are the last thing you install. If you need to reinstall any scenery for any reason, run again the GSX installer or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after installing the scenery.

There's no reason why those gates you tried wouldn't work, I've tried D33 at KLAS and it works just fine.

It's possible you have an AFCAD conflict/duplication, try to use the free FSX Airport scanner to see if you have duplicates at KLAS.

mortonrb

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:29 pm »
Umberto

There are no duplicates for KLAS.   Last night I reinstalled GSX and the Stand Alone Manager.

Bill
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »
There are no duplicates for KLAS.   Last night I reinstalled GSX and the Stand Alone Manager.

I can only confirm it doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it. Try to force a rebuild of the scenery cache, open this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

and remove the folder SceneryIndexes that's inside. Let FSX rebuild its cache and also wait for GSX to rebuild its own.

mortonrb

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »
Umberto

I will try that this evening after I get back from work.

Bill
Bill

vadriver

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »
umberto

thanks for your note on afcad's.
cheers
john

mortonrb

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 01:04:58 am »
Umberto

I did everything you said. But still does not work.    Can someone try this exact test.

KLAS
Parking 904
Have aircraft get all services.
Pushback and taxi over to D33

GSX tells me all services complete.

Thanks
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 01:57:04 am »
Try not asking all services in advance, but wait for each service to complete and then call the next one, and note if it works.