Author Topic: All Parking Options To Small Fix?  (Read 13089 times)

toriu

All Parking Options To Small Fix?
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:53:10 pm »
Sometimes when landing at various airports and I bring up the GSX panel it will show a list of parking options with "to small" listed in all options (I'm using the B747-400). I discovered last night that when I click the "Restart COAT" option the panel returns with acceptable parking options. I can find no reference to this in the manual and if its not in already it may be useful to include it.
Thanks again for a terrific program.

Cheers

Ray
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All Parking Options To Small Fix?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
That's not normal and it shouldn't happen. Do you have an example of an airport/gate that didn't accepted the 747 initially, but accepted it after a restart ?

toriu

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 11:44:36 pm »
Frankfurt-Main (EDDF)
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:45:22 pm »
Frankfurt-Main (EDDF)

Which gate was reported too small, and then normal after a restart ?

toriu

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:55 pm »
Can not remember the gate numbers there was a list of 4to5 all reading to small. After refreshing loads of options came up including gates and parking. I will try another flight now (EGLL to EDDF) and report back.
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

marvic

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:17:16 am »
I too have gate to small issues. I have LH simulations LHDC Debrecen airport  for FSX. When I start my flight at parking 1 , (Ramp GA medium size as per FSX.) it says parking to small.  I was under the impression that if the gate/parking was listed as medium, it would be large enough for a A318 or B73-500.
Cheers, Marvic.

johndrago

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:06 am »
That's not normal and it shouldn't happen. Do you have an example of an airport/gate that didn't accepted the 747 initially, but accepted it after a restart ?

I'm getting the "too small" message with the PMDG 747 at FSDT KLAX GATE 38.

- John

Buffalo9

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:25:22 am »
I haven't tried the restart thing but do have a too small spot issue.

At KORD with a LevelD 767/300, using Delta Terminal #2 E concourse I can only pick gate E1, if I try to put the aircraft into any other spot I get the too small warning. Gate 1 is definitely too small for a 767.....but when I used GSX pushback it did a phenomenal job of getting me out of there and in a position to taxi.

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:58 am »

You make it sound as if it was a GSX error, have you actually seen the Gate 38 at KLAX ? Are you sure you want to put a 747 there ?

marvic

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »

You make it sound as if it was a GSX error, have you actually seen the Gate 38 at KLAX ? Are you sure you want to put a 747 there ?

What about Debrecen LHDC ? My question, if FSX list's the spot as Medium , does that mean it will fit a medium aircraft or am I looking at it wrong?
Cheers, Marvic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 04:43:20 pm »
What about Debrecen LHDC ? My question, if FSX list's the spot as Medium , does that mean it will fit a medium aircraft or am I looking at it wrong?

The Small, Medium, Heavy labels are just labels, what really counts is the radius in meters. Checked that airport (assuming you are referring to the FSX default), and the largest parking has a radius of 18.00 meters, so it can fit an A320 maximum. A 747 needs a parking of 33 meters minimum.

If you have an addon scenery with a more accurate AFCAD, or you edit the default one with editors like ADE or AFX, GSX will surely comply and let it park there.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »
Is it normal to have the gates not labeled for FSDT airports? I just noticed that mine only really give numbers, and show neither Large, Medium, or Terminal information when in the freeflight area...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »
They might not be labeled as "Gate", in some airports they are labeled as "GA Parking" to exclude default ground vehicles, but still as Small, Medium, Large.

marvic

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »

The Small, Medium, Heavy labels are just labels, what really counts is the radius in meters. Checked that airport (assuming you are referring to the FSX default), and the largest parking has a radius of 18.00 meters, so it can fit an A320 maximum. A 747 needs a parking of 33 meters minimum.

If you have an addon scenery with a more accurate AFCAD, or you edit the default one with editors like ADE or AFX, GSX will surely comply and let it park there.
Actually it's LH Simulations Scenery, so I guess contact them and see what size they are using for the spots. I do get service with my Cheyenne , Twin Otter , Legacy and Citation X .

Cheers, Marvic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »
Don't forget you can always check yourself using the ADE or AFX programs.

Or, you can just *trust* GSX...if it's saying a parking is too small, it's because it has compared the actual radius as specified by the designer in the AFCAD, against the wingspan of the airplane you are using.

Note that, this is exactly the same rule the default ATC uses: if a parking is too small for your airplane, the ATC will never give it to you.