Author Topic: Few sugestions  (Read 4043 times)

virtualspirit

Few sugestions
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »
Hello Umberto,

First of all,GSX is a wonderfull product and with such a potential for improvement that makes it a price winning project.

But I have noticed a few things that I think needs improvement.

1- After boarding is complete GSX prompts you to close the front door immediatly. This is not necessary. In real world after the boarding is complete the main door usually stays open for dispatchers and last minute changes and papers that need to be brought to the captain. The door will only be closed when the aircraft is ready for departure.

2- After puschback the maintanence guy disconnects the tug and the interphone and walks to one side of the aircraft, and don´t stay in front of it as GSX is doing. When out of the way it will hand signal that the aircraft is free for taxi.

3- Another thing is that the parking brake after pushback is complete will remain on until the aircraft is cleared for taxi by the tower. It´s not a function of the maintanance personell to request the pilot to release the parking brake after pushback.

Just a few things that need improvements.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:45:34 pm by virtualspirit »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Few sugestions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
Noted, some suggestions has been already discussed.

virtualspirit

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »
Great to hear!

Best regards

tf51d

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:44 pm »

2- After puschback the maintanence guy disconnects the tug and the interphone and walks to one side of the aircraft, and don´t stay in front of it as GSX is doing. When out of the way it will hand signal that the aircraft is free for taxi.

Just a few things that need improvements.

Cheers,

I think this one may be a regional issue! In Europe the way you describe, seems to be SOP, but from what I've seen at airports and videos in the US, it seems aircraft are cleared by the Marshaller from the front. Here's an example at KSFO.

and here's one in Canada! (CYYZ)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:52:57 pm by tf51d »