Author Topic: What's if a plane doesn't have every door animation, but GSX forces that?  (Read 6154 times)

fipsi

Hi everyone,

I've got a question: How can I tell GSX that my aircraft doesn't have a door animation and GSX doesn't have to wait until the rest of the days till I open it, 'cause I'll never be able to open it as the door isn't simulated.

And for overland specifically, how do I open all the doors there? It's not just Shift+E+1,2....   I guess there're even more doors that could be opened, but how?

I see this problem with all the Overland airplanes.

Thanks already for your replies...

greets

Philipp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What's if a plane doesn't have every door animation, but GSX forces that?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:08:57 am »
This would be a problem only if the airplane has either fully custom door commands, or very unusual configurations of standard commands.

If the airplane is not supported, GSX right now waits only for the 1 (main) and 2 (cargo) exits, because they are usually supported in all airplanes.

We'll also add a preference to just ignore doors in the next version of GSX, so it would work with any airplane, of course ignoring the doors altogether.

fipsi

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »
Well it says something like: GSX waits for opening exit 3 (not this message text, but you know what I mean), but the main door as well as the cargo door has already been opened.

This phenomen I've seen on the Overland Boeing 777-200LR and I'm using the intelliscene file for this plane.

It was when I called the catering service, the man didn't walk through the wall of the plane, but he waited until exit 3 is opened and now I supoose that exit 3 is the right front door, but this door isn't animated so far.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »
I'll have to check, perhaps we still wait for Exit 3 in the current version, and the "wait for for 1 and 2 only" change has only been scheduled for the next update, but is not out yet.

fipsi

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
Sounds perfectly, thanks Umberto!

BTW, great product you've developed!

irishcurse

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »
I have a similar problem with the Leo Maddog. It is waiting for exit 2 to open. I have every door and even the rear stairs open and it is still asking for "exit 2" to open. Any thoughts? Thanks.

hontzt

I have the same problemwith the maddog.

Any help such as config settings would be nice.  Also the gsx aircraft editor will not let me save changes.

VR
Todd

hontzt

Just checked the aircraft config for the maddog does not have an exit 2, this is a gsx'ismthat I'm having problems fixing since the aircraft editor will not let me change the config.  Additionally the airfield editor will not recognize the AFCAD, I have the latest version.

VR

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
There's a Maddog config file in the sharing area which, according to the author, works well.