Author Topic: Open doors  (Read 10859 times)

Jack J Jackson

Open doors
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:34 pm »
YES I know that this might NOT be the right forum to ask this question, but I still dare. HOW do I open the doors on the default aircrafts?

I use Shift+E for the main door but the Shift+E+1 - 2 - 3 or 4 doesn't open any other doors!! I get an error message telling me "Waiting for you to open....." or something like that. What am I doing wrong? I try to be as rapid as possible to press 1,2,3 or 4 but with no result. Is there any way to edit the key sequense for the doors.

Sorry again, thnis is NOT a GSX problem, I know.

Jack
the Swede in Spain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Open doors
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »
You shouldn't press all the 3 keys together. First press Shift+E, and then 1, 2 or 3 quickly thereafter. You just need to get the timing right I guess.

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:58:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply, but when I press Shift+E the front left door either opns or closes, Inever seem to get the right timing for the numeric keys.

By the way, should have started to thank you for a fantastic product. I'm a beta tester for some Scandinavian sceneries (ScanSim EKCH, SWED2011 and Airports Of Norway) and GSX works just like a clock!!!

Jack

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »
JJ  keep  trying   i had  similiar  problems  as  you  couldnt  open  the  doors,    the  keys  your  using  are  correct   its just a matter  of  timing shift+e+3  open  all exit  doors,   shift+E+2  open  cargo  doors,  shift+e   only opens  the  main  exit  door   

Selkan

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:33:31 pm »
There is another Post about the doors on the default 737 where I have posted the following; here is the answer.  Go into your main Key assignments menu and change Shift + E to any SINGLE key.  I am using \ (back slash) as it is not presently used for anything else.  When you press \ main door will open (or close) when you press \ Release your finger, and press 2, or 3, other doors/cargo doors will open (or close)

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
Thanks guys, I will try your suggestions.

Jack

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:01 pm »
There is another Post about the doors on the default 737 where I have posted the following; here is the answer.  Go into your main Key assignments menu and change Shift + E to any SINGLE key.  I am using \ (back slash) as it is not presently used for anything else.  When you press \ main door will open (or close) when you press \ Release your finger, and press 2, or 3, other doors/cargo doors will open (or close)

Nice one, i'll try that myself.
Chris Howard

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 09:43:38 pm »

This beats me!!! Have tested every suggestion but..... no luck! I still get the message "Waiting for you to open cargo doors" or something like that. Ok I'm 66 years old, have been playing around with FS since FS98, over 1000 hours on VATSIM, a total flight time over 10 000 hours, Over 150 hours with PMDG 737NGX, so I beleive I'm not THAT stupid yet and see no signs of ALtzheimer, but maybe I'm not quick enough with my fingers. ;-)))))))))))))))

Jack
the Swede in Spain

D_mitris

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »
I also have the PMDG 737 NGX but I am currently flying the default 737.   You may want to make sure you have the latest version of the PMDG because there is a cargo door issue that was corrected upon the release of service pack 1 or SP1.

If you purchased the NGX recently it should already be patched otherwise I would suggest making sure your bird is up to date which may fix your issue.

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 09:23:13 am »
I havethe NGXand all the patches but can't find the cargo door opening in the FMC, all other doors are there and I can ope/shuty them.

JJJ

freds

Re: Re: Open doors
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:05 am »
Hi Jack. When you are in the doors menu on the FMC press next page and you will find the cargo doors.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

doudou

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 11:13:50 pm »
I cannot find the R Entry and R entry FWD for catering with NGX when I am in the doors menu of the FMC. How to stop the message "Waiting for your action in case there is no R Entry working with the NGX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 11:14:58 pm »
Check in what *page* of the door menu you are, there are two pages, you can go up/down pressing the next page button.

doudou

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 11:38:16 pm »
OK. I did not see the right colomn on page 1. My mistake ! I appreciate the product.

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 09:03:34 am »
Thanks guys, seems I have a slight Altzheimer after all!  ;D