Author Topic: Dc 3 and equal aircrafts  (Read 3709 times)

wiqvist

Dc 3 and equal aircrafts
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:43:37 am »
I am a fan of elder aircrafts, both civilian and military ones. And GSX does not support this sort of aircrafts in a good way. I for sure understand that a product which works on so many other aircrafts and airports of cource have problem with some and that modern ones have priority. But if it is possible to fix it for this sort of aircrafts in the future so will I be very glad. I will suggest some things which may will fix it a bit.

One thing is the same as I have suggested in other threads, to have a pull back truck to complete the pushback ones. Now will the pushback truck  drive in to the aircraft and the wingman will walk throw the aircraft and its wings. Or what happens ones with one aircraft the pushback truck crashed the aircraft when it tried to reached the backwheel, but that would a pull back one have solved.

Another thing which is may not so difficult to solve is the position of the marshall at the gate. When you come close enough you will not see his sign anymore, depending on the Dc-3's construction. Is it possible that to make the marshall stand at the left side of the aircraft. Here I discovered how well done the GSX is, I nearly drove over the marshall and he bowed(can not find a better word), so he did not get the aircraft in his head, lovely done. But is it possible for the program to 'read' when it is an aircraft like the Dc-3 or B-17 which is coming so the marshall stand a couple of meters to the pilots side?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dc 3 and equal aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:48:09 am »
Yes, tricycle airplanes pose additional challenges to GSX that aren't really programmed in, we'll look into it.

wiqvist

Re: Dc 3 and equal aircrafts
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:37:09 am »
Thanks a lot. I for sure understand that you have a lot of requests.

I have earlier suggested pull-backs, both by the truck and by humans. A fantastic thing with A2A's Spitfire(with AccuSim), could be pushed-back by the two ground crew hold her tail down when you perform engine tests. But then Fsdt need to contact the folks at A2A to solve it. But having a tractor pulling her all the way to the take off should be fantastic, then she would be able to use also at bigger airports, she is pretty realistic so if you have to stop and wait your engine will overheat and you have to wait 10-15 min until you can start(I can of cource click a button which reset the temp. but then I have lost the meaning with paying that much it cost for having a realistic aircraft). But I for sure understand that this is much to ask for, but maybe sometimes in the future, espesially Fsdt can cooperate with A2A-simulations.

About the B-17 so did I just saw in the original manual that their was points on all three wheel to connect a pulling tractor. So the B-17 can be pulled in 'right' dirction with the tractor in front, but also pulled backwards from behind.