Author Topic: Addon manager causes Crash to desktop  (Read 4984 times)

Beloe

Addon manager causes Crash to desktop
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:32 pm »
Hello support,

download and installation worked now, but when running FSX it leads to a Crash to Desktop. The module that causes the ctd seems to be the Addon Manager for FsX.
When deleting the fsx.cfg after such a ctd all modules work fine after allowing them to be executed but not the Addon Manager.
I hear the music of the user interface starting, then FSX crashes.
I have an actual Version of FSUIPC (free), actual display-drivers, the levelD 767, and since usually also running RadarContact several dll's and Visual Basic up to date.
Reading other posts i learned that antivirus could be a Problem so I told Avira to let bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe untouched but even this is no solution.
Because I do not receive any error message I have no idea what else I could try.
My system Win 7 Pro 64 actual updates, Intel Core i5 M 430; 4GB RAM, Nvidia M330.

Maybe you have another versoin of the Addon Manager that causes no problems. ???

I had just mailed 6hrs ago and no answer so mabe I am luckier here  ;)

Waiting for a solution I remain

yours sincerely

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon manager causes Crash to desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:10 pm »
download and installation worked now, but when running FSX it leads to a Crash to Desktop. The module that causes the ctd seems to be the Addon Manager for FsX.

This really looks like the antivirus might have been corrupted it, trying to "heal it". We heard reports from user that some antivirus continue to block executables even when turned off.

Be sure you keep the antivirus turned off both when downloading and when installing.

Beloe

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:39 pm »
hmm, for me it seems that Antivirus has not even touched it, because it touches nothing until allowed by me, but maybe the download was corrupted?
What do you suggest that I should do now?
Uninstall (with the standard Win-Uninstall) download for new and then re-install??

thanks for the quick response  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:31:04 am »
Uninstall and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

Reboot Windows

Reinstall GSX.

Always with the antivirus *disabled* when Downloading AND Installing, and configured to exclude the files before lunching FSX with the A/V on.

Beloe

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:31:11 am »
Uninstalled and reinstalled all  ;D

Thanks a lot now everything seems to work, I think the problem was installing KJFK after GSX  8)

Keep on with the nice products and ideas you have   ;)

:)