Author Topic: Dummy jetway  (Read 5401 times)

ricardo_r

Dummy jetway
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:36:52 pm »
I had this idea of creating a dummy jetway in order for GSX not to use the front staircase on airports that have either static jetways or AES jetways. Basically I took the original FSX jetway model (although I think any kind of model should work), set all the materials to be transparent and assigned them a completely transparent texture and a new GUID of course. Then it's just the usual procedure of adding customized jetways... adding jetways to the AFCAD at gates which have them, then edit the .xml to replace the default FSX jetties GUID by your new one.
And it works just like I wanted!

Umberto, do you think this is the way to go so you don't have to customize "every" 3rd party airport in this world, or maybe having an option on the GSX window where one is asked if front door stairs will be required or not, when requesting boarding/de-boarding?

Other from that and not having an option to set baggage loading/unloading times (like passenger board/de-board), I'm utterly loving GSX, thanks a lot!!! 8)
Ricardo Rodrigues

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Dummy jetway
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:50:13 pm »
...or maybe having an option on the GSX window where one is asked if front door stairs will be required or not, when requesting boarding/de-boarding?

I believe he's already mentioned doing that.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »
You guys are smart...:)

Yes, we already thought about this. It will surely work, the issue is, with your approach you will kill all default jetways in FSX...we can probably use a cleaner approach.

Have a look at the attached file, it's a .BGL that contains only 1 dummy object, which is just a triangle 3 meters underground and no textures, so it doesn't impact fps at all.

- Put it into a scenery folder that is always active, like Scenery\Global\Scenery, if nobody is calling the object, it will just stay there.

- When you edit your AFCAD XML, replace the default jetway guid with this one:

9d238734-4f75-4723-bfba-4976ab051fa9

- Compile with BGLCOMP and that's it, your AFCAD is now able to tell GSX were the fake/static/AES jetways are.

ricardo_r

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:23 pm »
Yes, we already thought about this. It will surely work, the issue is, with your approach you will kill all default jetways in FSX...we can probably use a cleaner approach.
Ouch, I clearly missed it. That's great news!

As far as the rest is concerned, I also changed the GUID so it wouldn't affect the default FSX jetways that are supposed to be visible. :D
But thanks for your file anyway, I'll use yours instead as it's lighter and as you well said, a cleaner approach.

Thanks again! ;)
Ricardo Rodrigues