Author Topic: Key-mapping  (Read 4654 times)

Potroh

Key-mapping
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:04:18 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Congrats for GSX, wonderful stuff!

May I, could I, cry out for a little feature enhancement in the future?
I exclusively fly in my 737 home cockpit. My problem is with the keys GSX offers. I use a small numerical keyboard for things like that, usually assigning multiple uses via FSUIPC.

So first place, would it be possible to offer some more 'numpad' keys for the main menu toggle besides the numbers? Like INS, /, etc.?

As GSX only offers keys 1,2,3,4,etc. in the once opened menu, I cannot do it otherwise, but with a normal keyboard. If I could assign numpad number, that would solve everything.
So would it be possible to one day to assign some different keys for the menu items too?

thanks
Potroh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Key-mapping
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:31:13 pm »
So first place, would it be possible to offer some more 'numpad' keys for the main menu toggle besides the numbers? Like INS, /, etc.?

I'm sorry, but that menu is not made by us, it's a standard Simconnect menu, which has very rigid restrictions: no more than 10 choices, and they are always mapped to the standard keyboard from 0 to 9.

The only alternative is to use a programmable keypad, such as the Logitech G13

http://www.logitech.com/keyboards/keyboard/devices/5123

So you could map the layout as you want, to generate keystrokes from 0 to 9, and perhaps CTRL+F12 too.