Author Topic: Help please all my fsdt airports have gone **solved**  (Read 3624 times)

pete_auau

Help please all my fsdt airports have gone **solved**
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:12:21 pm »
Hi had minor  gliche  in my  pc  the other  day   found out  that   some  how  my  scenery cfg  got corrupted   in ftx  (orbox)  anyway  got  that  sorted  out  nearly  allthough  in one   selection  if  i select  the default  area  i  dont  get  any  planes  showing  in  fsx  and  than  fsx  get  ctd  but if  i select  the  other  two scenery  oceania  and  north  amercia  everything  works  fine  until now.  I just mentioned  this since  it  mite  have  some  thing to do with  the problem i got  now  with fsdt  airports.
Anyway  when i  went  to start  at  kjfk  i noticed  it was  standard   fsx  airport   went  into the  addon manager and  noticed all my  fdst  airport  said  product  active  but  not installed,  the  reinstall  option was  greyed out  so i couldnt  select it. so  i just as  a  thought  went  and  did  a  reinstall of  zurich  after  i installed  it  and  click on fsx  got  a  ctd  everytime  i click on fsx.   so  than i  installed the  addon manager  the latest  one  installed  that  and  than  fsx   worked  and  now  iam  here.    i got  a  back up  of  everything  on  my  external drive  but  wanting to know  a  simple  fix  if  any  please.   Since  now  i think this  and the  ftx  error   has  something  in  common    in  the  cfgs
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:49:17 am by virtuali »

pete_auau

Re: Help please all my fsdt airports have gone
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »
ok  just   removed  two airports  from pc  being  kjfk and  lszh   and  did  a reinstall   went  into fsx  and  everything  installed   except  for my other  6   now  deleting  the  others  and  reinstalling   again so hopefully  it  solved  will post   with  the latest when i installed everything

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:42:48 pm »
spoke  too soon darn   when i tried  to install the rest of the airports  only tried  two  more  being klas  and  kord  i get  an error
E;\fsx\fsdreamteam\couatl\alut.ddl
an error  has  occured  while  trying   to replace  the  existing  file
delete  file  failed  code  5

than it says  do u want to skip  delete or try  again  any ideas please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:44:39 pm »
an error  has  occured  while  trying   to replace  the  existing  file delete  file  failed  code  5

This error means you were too quick to launch the installer, without allowing FSX to close properly and release lock on all files.

Installing after a Windows reboot will surely fix this.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:22:50 am »
Thx  for  you help  and  got all  airports  back  again  so  you  can   mark this  thread  closed