Author Topic: Will JFK update come after ZRH??  (Read 11596 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Will JFK update come after ZRH??
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:23:01 am »

theshack440

Re: Will JFK update come after ZRH??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:45:28 am »
Yep. Umberto said that they are planning to release an updated JFK at some point in 2012, likely after CYVR is released... with the updated DFW/LAX style textures. It will be a payware update but it will be very much worth the money I'm sure!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:57:07 am »
Yep. Umberto said that they are planning to release an updated JFK at some point in 2012, likely after CYVR is released... with the updated DFW/LAX style textures. It will be a payware update but it will be very much worth the money I'm sure!

As long as the FS9 will be included, $$ im in!!

Dimon

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:17:15 pm »
There is not much to update in JFK. It's just more wider 13R/31L and the new extension (still in progress) for T4. + A380 gates at T1
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 05:22:03 pm »
The update will be payware but, since all the new features (that would be worth paying for), are all FSX only, the update will be for FSX only. In any case, it's not imminent, more likely mid 2012.

We might just do a free patch for FS9 to update the runway, instead.

FLIGHTCOMPANY

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:51:11 am »
We might just do a free patch for FS9 to update the runway, instead.

Will we get a better layout of the textures? The ground textures in the fs9 version is quiet messy compared to other FSDT airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 03:29:04 am »
Will we get a better layout of the textures? The ground textures in the fs9 version is quiet messy compared to other FSDT airports.

Only if it would be very easy to eventually convert any work we'll do for the FSX version. But, we'll not limit the FSX version in any way, only to allow an easy conversion to FS9.

In any case, if it's true that most of the (few) remaining FS9 users are waiting for MS Flight to finally switch to a new sim, I don't see anybody still using FS9 well into 2012.

geoffbecks

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »

Only if it would be very easy to eventually convert any work we'll do for the FSX version. But, we'll not limit the FSX version in any way, only to allow an easy conversion to FS9.

In any case, if it's true that most of the (few) remaining FS9 users are waiting for MS Flight to finally switch to a new sim, I don't see anybody still using FS9 well into 2012.

Best wait to see what is released before making statements like that...if its a rehash of FSX I wont be going near it.... I am waiting to switch to a better platform but as I have so much in the way of scenery I would be happy to stay with exactly what I have now untill something comes out the blows it away ..............and FSX does not even come close, so I am still waiting on the fence..I think the best seller would be a platform that can handle both.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »

Best wait to see what is released before making statements like that...if its a rehash of FSX I wont be going near it.... I am waiting to switch to a better platform but as I have so much in the way of scenery I would be happy to stay with exactly what I have now untill something comes out the blows it away ..............and FSX does not even come close, so I am still waiting on the fence..I think the best seller would be a platform that can handle both.

Yup!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »
Best wait to see what is released before making statements like that...

Regardless of what's is released, the statement is correct: the few FS9 users left now, assuming they haven't switch to FSX waiting for MS Flight, will either switch to it or they will switch to FSX anyway so, in both cases FS9 is going to disappear.

No developer could afford to support 3 platforms, and no developer could afford NOT to support MS Flight so, it's fairly obvious it's FS9 the one that has to go. Which is happening already, since this years its user base has already basically halved.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:14:35 am »
Why doesnt anybody see the glory of FS9?!  Im staying with it.  I dont want to upgrade and pay another several thousands of dollars just for FSX and Flight.  THose 2 sims require alot of performance!  I dont have the budget to get a Aleinware desktop right now.  Im not going to stop FS9 until i can afford to get an Aleinware.  Then maybe il consider upgrading.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:53 am »
Someone does not have to spend thousands of dollars for a computer to run FSX. I bought one for $1200 and it runs FSX superbly!!! Alienware rigs arwe way overpriced in my opinion! :D
Moe Works

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 11:59:09 pm »
I want something thats way overpowered so the new flight sim can run at 100 FPS!  Il spend what ever it takes to do that.  Im skipping FSX because it sucks.
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

FLIGHTCOMPANY

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »

Okay. I'm still on fs2004 but once FLIGHT comes out, I will switch (Hopefully their performance is better than fsx) I do have fsx installed on my computer but I tweeked everything but I still can't get acceptable frames.

theshack440

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 03:47:33 am »
There is not much to update in JFK. It's just more wider 13R/31L and the new extension (still in progress) for T4. + A380 gates at T1

Besides those there are still quite a few things. 22L/4R also got expanded/widened with 31L/13, T6 is no longer there, there are no parkmes at T8 (there are in the RW), T5 has gate numbers on the tarmac, there are lots of radar stations throughout the airport that are not currently modeled, the Evergreen terminal is where the KLM cargo used to be, the PAPIs are not 3D (nor are the bridges), there are many other ground related textures that are simply outdated (the lack of runway numbers on the hold short lines for example), and all of textures that make up the airport that have since been far surpassed by FSDT's other great sceneries. This is just a few things; JFK's update is much needed and I'm glad that they're going to make it LAX/DFW quality (and I'm obviously much looking forward to it  :D).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:52:47 am by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations